Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Techie Corner (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ok...new problem (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=2718)

rich76 20 Feb 2008 05:00 PM

ok...new problem

I have followed the directions to a T...and no matter what I do my puter refuses to recognize my MP3 player. I've gone into device manager and it is listed there with a "+" sign next to it...but is not listed in "my computer" with the other drives (iomegazip and a portable HD along with the normal C D and E drives (with the last 2 being CD/DVD readers writers). I am ready to throw this thing out the window!!!!!!!!!!

I have ripped over 175 songs off CD's and they are ready to D/L to the player but noooooooooooooooooooo...it will not let me.

HELP!

BlackDiamond 20 Feb 2008 06:24 PM

Hey,

There are no errors in device manager related to this device?

There are many different ways the different MP3 players are recognized in Windows, some are seen as another drive, some are not.

My Zune is not recognized as another drive, it is recognized by its software. What is the name of the device and we might be able to do some checking.

SiteWolf 20 Feb 2008 06:47 PM

is it possible that you'd need to temporarily unplug your iomega and portable? dunno..

rich76 20 Feb 2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDiamond (Post 18330)
Hey,

There are no errors in device manager related to this device?

There are many different ways the different MP3 players are recognized in Windows, some are seen as another drive, some are not.

My Zune is not recognized as another drive, it is recognized by its software. What is the name of the device and we might be able to do some checking.

RCA Pearl MP3 player.

rich76 20 Feb 2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiteWolf (Post 18334)
is it possible that you'd need to temporarily unplug your iomega and portable? dunno..

I've considered that Orren, but as of yet have not done so. I was so freakin frustrated (did I mention I was close to throwing this pice of shiznit out the window?) I left it alone......not so sure I'm ready to REundertake this tonight..........:hmm:

SiteWolf 20 Feb 2008 07:39 PM

thing is....so often with puter stuff it's simple things that cause the most frustration. For example, awhile back I talked about doing a Skype chat some Saturdays....when I suggested it I think it was Super Bowl weekend coming up. I didn't do anything more with it because suddenly, my mike quit working and I knew I didn't have a working spare. I assumed it had to be specifically Skype related as the mike quit when I upgraded....but it wouldn't work elsewhere anymore either.

couple nights ago I realized that, for whatever reason, my mike had gotten muted in some advanced area in my control panel....unticked a box and 'can ya hear me now?'.....

rich76 20 Feb 2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiteWolf (Post 18347)
thing is....so often with puter stuff it's simple things that cause the most frustration. For example, awhile back I talked about doing a Skype chat some Saturdays....when I suggested it I think it was Super Bowl weekend coming up. I didn't do anything more with it because suddenly, my mike quit working and I knew I didn't have a working spare. I assumed it had to be specifically Skype related as the mike quit when I upgraded....but it wouldn't work elsewhere anymore either.

couple nights ago I realized that, for whatever reason, my mike had gotten muted in some advanced area in my control panel....unticked a box and 'can ya hear me now?'.....

LMAO.....I hope it turns out to be that simple so I can laugh instead of go apeshiznit

BlackDiamond 20 Feb 2008 08:02 PM

Hey,

It looks like it should be seen in explorer. I would think it should just take the first available drive letter. As suggested by O, unplug your other devices first and see if it comes up.

Some basic things to try.
Reboot?
Unplug other USB devices.
Try other USB ports.

Let me know after that.

PS what operating system? XP - Vista?

ocho cinco 20 Feb 2008 10:49 PM

Also,

I know my MP3 Player Insigna Sport shows up as a Hard Drive/Storage Space in My Computer.

Have you installed all the software? (i didn't need any to add my songs to mine)

How about, once everything is plugged in, did you power on the MP3 Player?

rich76 22 Feb 2008 05:39 PM

well guys...after throwing that little RCA ------- across the room after trying EVERYTHING that y'all suggested and my puter crashing twice during those attempts.....I returned that piece of shiznit and picked up a much nicer Samsung unit that supports both MP3 AND WMA files. Loaded the software....charged the battery and in a total of one hour from start to finsh have all 158 songs on my new unit........:ohyeah: :bdance: :ohyeah:

:clap:

I am, once again, a happy camper

Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions.

yon Beast 22 Feb 2008 05:45 PM

same as any problem, really...just throw money at it :rolleyes:

rich76 22 Feb 2008 05:51 PM

actually...the salesclerk...a nice young guy rocker type said they've had nothing BUT problems with those RCA units......

for the record.....I bought the display model that was originally 21.00 more than the RCA and talked him into taking 10.00 off....so a home run for me..:thumbs:

dlc1483 22 Feb 2008 05:53 PM

Don't you wish some nice salesclerk would have told you that before you bought it.:dangit:

rich76 22 Feb 2008 06:49 PM

my better half bought it for me for Valentine's Day. She thought she was doing good.....

Bill Shaw 24 Feb 2008 06:23 AM

If you go to the manufacturer's website, many times they will have a fix for known bugs.

I bought a used IPod that gave me fits for a week until I did.

After getting the software update for that model, it has been flawless since.