Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Issues, Suggestions, and Requests (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Low Hanging Fruit (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=21568)

StockTrader 20 Dec 2017 10:00 PM

Low Hanging Fruit

Hey guys,

If you had to think about one or two (or three) features that would make your day-to-day easier, what would they be and why?

:cheers:

Nick

SiteWolf 21 Dec 2017 02:39 AM

First one I think of is another folder...I just don't remember the difficulty.
Archive folder- a folder people can put retired, deactivated, etc stocks they'll rarely if ever sell...but separate from long term.

Why? With those stocks in a hidden folder, port pages won't take nearly as long to load.

I could also use help figuring out what code needs updating so my split page works...currently it's 'stuck' on MLB. Possibly my active stocks page has the same issue. They've been that way since our server outage a few years back.

rich76 21 Dec 2017 06:42 AM

Hey Nick.....Merry Christmas. I couldn't possibly agree more with Orren regarding another folder. Not just for faster page loading but not having to scroll through all the rubbish would be a blessing.......I have a ton of rubbish.....;)

For me, another would be this: When I am on the market 2 page, in a port other than my TV port.....the "owned stocks" do not highlight unless I mess around with the page.The only time this doesn't happen is when I am in market 2 in my TV port and switch to another port from there. If I am already in a 1/4ly for example and then go to market 2......the owned stocks are not highlighted

StockTrader 21 Dec 2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 94500)
Hey Nick.....Merry Christmas. I couldn't possibly agree more with Orren regarding another folder. Not just for faster page loading but not having to scroll through all the rubbish would be a blessing.......I have a ton of rubbish.....;)

For me, another would be this: When I am on the market 2 page, in a port other than my TV port.....the "owned stocks" do not highlight unless I mess around with the page.The only time this doesn't happen is when I am in market 2 in my TV port and switch to another port from there. If I am already in a 1/4ly for example and then go to market 2......the owned stocks are not highlighted

Fixed! :cheers:

Nick

rich76 22 Dec 2017 06:23 AM

II am no longer seeing deactivated stocks but.....where are they?

StockTrader 22 Dec 2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 94509)
II am no longer seeing deactivated stocks but.....where are they?

Coming back today, post-divi. Sorry about that. I forgot to adjust my conditional logic. I threw together a Minimum Viable Product for Orren to test last night. It isn't exactly as spec'd, but it does help sort out the inactives / deactivated stocks.

Nick

rich76 22 Dec 2017 10:02 AM

No problem Nick......appreciate your efforts.

StockTrader 22 Dec 2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 94511)
No problem Nick......appreciate your efforts.

Again, not as spec'd, but LMK your thoughts.

:thewave:

Nick

rich76 22 Dec 2017 12:08 PM

Couldn’t be happier. Been wanting this feature for a loooooooooong time. Thank you once again..........you da man........:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

bballjer44 24 Dec 2017 11:21 PM

Alphabetically sort players within a team on both portfolio and market 2 pages.
Use 8 character team then last name to list alpha by team, position, name.
Takes forever to find a player on some teams.

rrock33 26 Dec 2017 06:59 PM

The same option in Market2 as Market1

Click here to view all players.

Not sure why we need two markets at this point.

bballjer44 26 Dec 2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrock33 (Post 94563)
The same option in Market2 as Market1

Chick here to view all players.

Not sure why we need two markets at this point.

Orren's initial plan was to make market2 a premium option and charge for it. After so many years I can't see anyone using original market now.

rrock33 27 Dec 2017 07:47 PM

Fix the donate link so it works.

yon Beast 28 Dec 2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrock33 (Post 94567)
Fix the donate link so it works.

the donate link in Orrens signature seems to work....it does look outdated :/

should have one at the bottom of every page.....

SiteWolf 30 Dec 2017 10:28 AM

I believe the main issue with the links (unless I'm missing something, entirely possible given my last 2 months) is that they seem to default to $2 with no way to change the amount.