Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   taking a knee... (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=22268)

yon Beast 02 Mar 2019 10:48 AM

taking a knee...

I couldn't find a thread that has any mention of the mess this guy started.
While I support the message of highlighting police violence....the whole issue was his choice of platform . At work and on the clock in front of the world and acting out.
Its not hard for anyone to see why feathers get ruffled...yet they get ruffled for the wrong reasons and that's why his protest is more toxic than it needs to be, imo.

I think he did okay, personally (in the neighborhood of $80 mil )

professionally...he ded

rich76 02 Mar 2019 12:15 PM

So, what it ends up as is another spoiled malcontent with millions of dollars, idolized by a minority of fans, that will never play in the NFL. Too freakin' bad....he's not that good anyway. Kneeling was bad enough....this

made me want to punch him in the face. To disrespect an entire group of civil servants for the actions of a FEW, is, now, a common practice in this grievance society that is becoming all too prevalent.

SiteWolf 02 Mar 2019 12:54 PM

HIS initial intent was to highlight those few (even tho his implication was that it was more than a few)..........yet, for most that followed, they 'widened the gaze' without actually saying so, making 'kneeling' all about racial equality......like that issue had never been raised before and anyone not 'approving' of the kneeling was automatically racist.

However, regarding the settlement...we don't really know what it was. The rumor is 60-80mil, but 1) it wasn't just Kaepernick involved and 2) we don't know how it was actually paid. Was it paid out to him and Reid? Split among others we don't know about? Some/most/all actually put into a fund to work on the cause? We don't know.

thunder gulch 08 Mar 2019 09:46 PM

There are dozens of ways to protest, during the anthem is not the time. During the anthem, all focus should be on the flag. When colors are presented you face the honor guard, not the flag hanging in the stadium or arena (most people don’t because they don’t know - it should be taught in first grade). That’s what irks me about “anthem” singers who do their thing or rendition. It puts the focus on him/her. Which is why at Wrigley Field we think Jon Vincent is an a-hole, and then people applaud him. For those who don’t know, he is one of those who try to hold the note during “free” for a long time. He intentionally puts the focus on himself, which is despicable, in my opinion.

The anthem should be the one time to unite, and pay respect, instead those kneelers purposely cause discourse.

Thanks for listening!

:thumbsdown: