Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LeBron (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=21817)

ProneEisenrott 28 May 2018 08:51 AM

LeBron

Does anything more need to be said?

rich76 28 May 2018 09:17 AM

can't stand him....but I respect his talent......:kickme:

ProneEisenrott 28 May 2018 12:52 PM

Separate on-court play from off-court views, I believe he is one of the three most talented players I've ever seen AND he plays the game right. Always involves others and always carries his team on his back, quite literally sometimes.

Even the great Michael Jordan wasn't able to make the NBA finals until he got a respectable supporting cast around him. With the exception of his loaded team in Miami, LeBron has consistently (8 straight times) led his team to the NBA Finals and even dethroned a 73-win Warriors team that some consider among the greatest of all-time.

Nice resume.

bballjer44 28 May 2018 03:40 PM

I think he is a good guy.

The whole ESPN televised where am I going made me hate him.
But he has since admitted that was BS and wishes he didn't do it.

After game 7 he was all about his teammates. Repeatedly said he has always thought only a team can win at basketball.

His streak of going to finals impressive.

Jordan winning all 6 finals he was in at least just as impressive.

rich76 28 May 2018 08:44 PM

I wasn't even a tad impressed beating Boston with Irving and Hayward out. I don't think the Cavs have a prayer of beating whoever comes out of tonight victorious.

SiteWolf 28 May 2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 95453)
I wasn't even a tad impressed beating Boston with Irving and Hayward out. I don't think the Cavs have a prayer of beating whoever comes out of tonight victorious.

Don't underestimate the league's ability to get their way...long series with their most marketable teams.

If I sound cynical it's only because I am :albert:

ProneEisenrott 29 May 2018 10:23 PM

The conspiracy would have to run pretty deep...refs, players, coaches, owners, etc. and everyone involved would have to remain quiet.

I'm not convinced that the juice is worth the squeeze, so to speak.

rich76 07 Jun 2018 02:31 PM

So, when the Cavs lose this year, where will bron bron end up next?

:D

SiteWolf 07 Jun 2018 07:27 PM

I

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott (Post 95458)
The conspiracy would have to run pretty deep...refs, players, coaches, owners, etc. and everyone involved would have to remain quiet.

I'm not convinced that the juice is worth the squeeze, so to speak.

I'm not talking WWE type of scripting...tho there are times I've wondered.

I'm talking about subjective calls going a certain way.....this would normally be called, it wasn't...we'd normally let this go, we called it......benefiting one team, not the other.

In other words, a 2009 NFC Championship Game type of situation where the Saints benefited from multiple calls vs the Vikings and Favre was allowed to be targeted the entire game..........but only after the feel good story of the city of New Orleans, still recovering from Katrina, won their Super Bowl did the league come out and admit multiple calls were incorrect and BountyGate became a thing.

Officiating can fairly discreetly nudge the result of a game towards one team rather easily- not overtly necessarily, and no guarantee...just some beneficial nudging...and only the league and the officials would have to be involved.

But the NBA is also well known for certain 'stars' getting beneficial calls. It started with Jordan- and the term Jordan Rules was born...stars like Kobe and LeBron played their entire careers under Jordan Rules. "Traveling, oh wait it's Kobe...FOUL!"

rich76 09 Jun 2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott (Post 95448)
Separate on-court play from off-court views, I believe he is one of the three most talented players I've ever seen AND he plays the game right. Always involves others and always carries his team on his back, quite literally sometimes.

Nice resume.

His back must have been hurting this time around........:p

SiteWolf 09 Jun 2018 04:10 PM

rich76 09 Jun 2018 05:36 PM

That might be racist. :p