Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Golf, NASCAR, MLB only comp endings (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=21246)

SiteWolf 05 Jun 2017 08:04 AM

Golf, NASCAR, MLB only comp endings

Seems like we do this every year but maybe we can set ending points ahead of time for once.

Baseball, easy enough to view the All Star break as the natural end of the 1st half competition, yes?

The 18th race in NASCAR is the Quaker State 400 on 7/7....but is that always the 18th race so we can say 1st half ends after it?

Then there's golf- more natural to end the 1st half with a major or start the 2nd half with one? Because the US Open seems to fall near the halfway point every year.

rrock33 06 Jun 2017 12:43 AM

Baseball-Allstar break
NASCAR-18th race yes (half way no matter what race)
Golf - end this weekend , start with US Open

rich76 06 Jun 2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrock33 (Post 93293)
Baseball-Allstar break
NASCAR-18th race yes (half way no matter what race)
Golf - end this weekend , start with US Open

agree.

Davey28 18 Jun 2017 06:22 PM

Why do we have to reset the money at all ? Let's just take it throught the end of each season Dam I HATE this

SiteWolf 18 Jun 2017 07:57 PM

The reason we do is largely because it keeps more people playing the competition all the way thru. Otherwise, in these long competitions (yearly comes to mind), those who fall behind tend to quit playing the port.

bballjer44 19 Jun 2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey28 (Post 93366)
Why do we have to reset the money at all ? Let's just take it throught the end of each season Dam I HATE this

Any reason? All ears.

rich76 19 Jun 2017 06:45 PM

/showing serious restraint.....................:notalk:

bballjer44 20 Jun 2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 93370)
/showing serious restraint.....................:notalk:

:jab::box::jab::box:

ProneEisenrott 20 Jun 2017 06:16 PM

Still never understood why there isn't an NBA-only comp. It's the least day-traded sport by far and would at least stir up some trading activity in the NBA sector.

Any possibility to include next season?

SiteWolf 20 Jun 2017 10:43 PM

When we were adding single sport comps, I was adamant about wanting a new formula in place for the NBA first.......and that still hasn't happened.

Anything is possible

ProneEisenrott 21 Jun 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiteWolf (Post 93377)
When we were adding single sport comps, I was adamant about wanting a new formula in place for the NBA first.......and that still hasn't happened.

Anything is possible

New formula or old, I don't think it will matter. Either way the day-trading of NBA is and will continue to be abysmally low.

An NBA-only comp would help increase day-trading and market moo, at least a little--10 ports @ 10k max shares (eventually as ports grow) = 100k day trading from NBA-only competition alone, which is more than the maximum total shares traded for an NBA player on virtually any given day last season.

So if the goal is to increase activity...

It seems like it has worked in the NFL, PGA, MLB and NASCAR sectors. NHL doesn't need it as much, but would benefit as well from an NHL-only comp.

rich76 28 Jun 2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballjer44 (Post 93372)
:jab::box::jab::box:

:kickme:

rich76 14 Jul 2017 06:13 AM

Nascar comp?

SiteWolf 14 Jul 2017 07:18 AM

oh! you're right
I was a week off in my thinking....got the comp reset, but projection updates may have to wait until tomorrow

rich76 14 Jul 2017 08:14 AM

:cheers: