Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deflate-Gate (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=19725)

SiteWolf 26 Jan 2015 06:56 PM

and now Brady's feelings are hurt and they're looking at pinning it on a locker room attendant.....

Runt 26 Jan 2015 09:57 PM

He can save the poor locker room attendant...

All he has to do is to come clean. The NFL has already said it will not take action until after the Super Bowl. He has little to lose. He will probably get fined, maybe even miss a game or two. But that is nothing compared to a shot at another ring and a clear conscience.

SayOw 27 Jan 2015 09:57 AM

And now throw the league in on a conspiracy...

NFL was setting up the Pats ... if true...

Quote:

...NFL was willing to let New England use a deflated football to its advantage for the first half of a game with the Super Bowl on the line, rather than stop the contest immediately and check, or even just warn the Patriots of their concerns prior to kickoff to make sure everything was fair and square for all 60 minutes.
Story here.

SayOw 06 Feb 2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” (Jerry) Rice said, laughing.
Full tory here.

Just another player coming out to admit their "tricks" of the trade that were against the rules.

SiteWolf 06 Feb 2015 12:19 PM

hmm...wasn't Rice one that was knocking the Patriots over this before?

dugang 07 Feb 2015 12:08 PM

they have been caught cheating twice now. Saints coach was suspended an entire season for Bountygate.
Spygate(GUILTY) now deflategate?? Belicheat needs suspended ASAP!!

ProneEisenrott 07 Feb 2015 03:22 PM

What I find fascinating about sports and human nature is that you never see anyone admit to cheating even when they are caught. Whether Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmeiro, or whoever, everyone shifts the blame as long as possible until his story unravels.

The one exception to this, that I can remember, was David Letterman, who I think immediately came clean after a recent scandal involving a woman. Everyone else thinks if they deny hard enough then it will just go away...(Bill Cosby, Tiger Woods?)

rich76 07 Feb 2015 04:52 PM

What scandal did Tiger deny?

One I remember admitting the scandal was Mark McGwire

SayOw 09 Feb 2015 09:48 AM

Early reports into the investigation are saying:

Quote:

Only one of the 12 New England Patriots footballs used in the team's AFC Championship game win against the Indianapolis Colts was under-inflated by a full two pounds, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

"Several" other balls were found to be roughly one pound under-inflated, and "several more" were either right at, or barely beneath, the correct inflation mark.
And of course that leads to the story that the Colts were the culprits in deflating the one ball the two full pounds. (Of course this "theory" was mentioned on a Boston radio station).

SayOw 09 May 2015 07:12 AM

Wells Report came out saying Brady was more than likely involved in the deliberate deflation of footballs. I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet, but I've heard several comments from others stating how the report alludes to, and there have been some previous reports, that the NFL was actually setting the Pats up in a "sting-like" operation.

Regardless, some of the nonsense some of media blowhards are spewing is ridiculious...wanting the Super Bowl vacated, beheading Brady, etc.

Suspend him the first preseason game...that's about as much as this whole thing is worth, imo.

SiteWolf 09 May 2015 08:09 AM

sting or not, doesn't that still mean they did what they're accused of?

the problem here isn't just how much of a competitive advantage this may or may not be.....it's the lying about it afterward......had Brady not acted oblivious, even irritated that anyone could think he could have been involved..when we now know that likely wasn't true, this would blow over

Anything less than a 2 game suspension after all this would IMO be viewed as favoritism by other players. You can't spend this amount of time looking into something, give a quasi guilty verdict, then say 'but let's just move on'

rich76 09 May 2015 09:56 AM

Politicians aren't held accountable why should athletes? It's the way society is headed.......sadly.

bballjer44 09 May 2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 88858)
Politicians aren't held accountable why should athletes? It's the way society is headed.......sadly.

Let's see what I can get away with today.

SiteWolf 09 May 2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballjer44 (Post 88860)
Let's see what I can get away with today.

maybe wait until after Mothers Day :p

P562045 11 May 2015 10:12 AM

Does this even really matter. I have not heard the complaints about the balls during the super bowl being manipulated in order to favor Tom Brady or the Patriots. I do realize we are talking about the game to get to the super bowl but how many people thought the Colts would beat the Patriots in that game. This is what rubs some people the wrong way why would Tom Brady feel the need to mess with the balls in the first place during the AFC championship game. Then there is spygate as well that put the Patriots in a negative light for some people but some of those people would not like the Patriots no matter what they did.

The more interesting part to me is how long will Tom Brady be out to start next season. And the media has been all over the place I have heard 16 games which is not going to happen, 4 games, and even 1 game but she favors Tom Brady and the Patriots. This is all about a person's perspective when it comes right down to it.