Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats your upset? (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=60)

ocho cinco 15 Mar 2007 02:30 PM

Whats your upset?

My upset of the tourny... That sticks out like a sore thumb in my brackets are...

#4 Texas over #1 North Carolina

and

#10 Creighton over #2 Memphis

StormJr 15 Mar 2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordofdeath (Post 421)
My upset of the tourny... That sticks out like a sore thumb in my brackets are...

#4 Texas over #1 North Carolina

and

#10 Creighton over #2 Memphis

Well, its hard for me to choose because I've got something like 11 brackets.

But the one upset I picked in EVERY bracket is Winthrop over Notre Dame

I too like Creighton over Memphis.

My 12 seed upset (since there is at least one every year) is Illinois to set up a 2nd round matchup between them and Southern Illinois

ocho cinco 15 Mar 2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormJr (Post 428)
Well, its hard for me to choose because I've got something like 11 brackets.

But the one upset I picked in EVERY bracket is Winthrop over Notre Dame

I too like Creighton over Memphis.

My 12 seed upset (since there is at least one every year) is Illinois to set up a 2nd round matchup between them and Southern Illinois

I think i said screw it and picked the 12 all around. :goofy:

hork 15 Mar 2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormJr (Post 428)

going to be pretty hard to see that match up when holy cross disposes of souther illinois ;)

StormJr 15 Mar 2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hork (Post 434)
going to be pretty hard to see that match up when holy cross disposes of souther illinois ;)

LOL...i know. That was tempting too. But SIU has looked pretty good all season. We'll see. But It would surprise me if HC (the team that tested a #1 seed last year) pulls it out.

AzElvis 15 Mar 2007 02:53 PM

Well I dont wanna go to far so Ill stick with now. I do like Texas over UNC btw. Old Dominion (12) over Butler (5) and Arkansas (12) over USC (5) are my 5-12 upsets. Also Geo Wash (11) over Vandy (6). Huge upset is Texas A & M coming out of the South.

hork 15 Mar 2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzElvis (Post 439)
Huge upset is Texas A & M coming out of the South.

that's not really all that huge. granted they're a 3 seed but they're not a longshot and in fact are the winners of that region in my bracket (come on nick you knew i couldn't pick ohio state to make it to the final four.....;) )

ocho cinco 15 Mar 2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hork (Post 440)
that's not really all that huge. granted they're a 3 seed but they're not a longshot and in fact are the winners of that region in my bracket (come on nick you knew i couldn't pick ohio state to make it to the final four.....;) )

I pulled my hair out with the A&M/OSU game... Of course I went with the Buckeyes.... Hell I went with the Buckeyes everywhere... Its just how much i've been feed that they are a great team... and they aren't over rated like alot of people say on the board here.

StormJr 15 Mar 2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordofdeath (Post 442)
and they aren't over rated like alot of people say on the board here.

hmph....just like football, huh....

sorry i had too...

Michigan won their 1st round game....

ya i know it was NIT (and there was only like 3100 people there to watch...LMAO)

ocho cinco 15 Mar 2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormJr (Post 443)
hmph....just like football, huh....

sorry i had too...

Michigan won their 1st round game....

ya i know it was NIT (and there was only like 3100 people there to watch...LMAO)

You were right here with me saying FLA had no chance... blah blah blah... (but i don't know if I said FLA had no chance...) I just pretty much expected to win, and didn't think Fla would even come close...

rich76 15 Mar 2007 03:05 PM

IMO, the way Flrida is playing lately they have a terrific chance to repeat.

StormJr 15 Mar 2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordofdeath (Post 444)
You were right here with me saying FLA had no chance... blah blah blah... (but i don't know if I said FLA had no chance...) I just pretty much expected to win, and didn't think Fla would even come close...

if you dont remember, I'm actually being hypocritical. I was with you with that football game ;)

ldzppln 15 Mar 2007 03:07 PM

I've got VCU (11) over Duke (6) ... not sure if that qualifies as much of an upset though.

StormJr 15 Mar 2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 446)
IMO, the way Flrida is playing lately they have a terrific chance to repeat.

I just don't want them to repeat because I can't stand looking at that Noah kids mug. Damn he's ugly. And that weird epileptic dance he did after the championship last week...man...

ocho cinco 15 Mar 2007 03:08 PM

Just an FYI for all you folks.....

don't forget you can go to cbs.sportsline.com and go into the ncaa scoreboard and click the video link... if you have an acccount just go ahead and sign in and such and you'll be able to watch a live feed of the game you want.

So i'm watchin TT/BC on my TV and Davidson/Maryland on the computer. :)