Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PGA Comp??? (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=22840)

ProneEisenrott 11 Jun 2020 09:50 PM

PGA Comp???

I thought the first half PGA comp was complete. But today I saw a lot of buys and I still have $70+ million in my PGA-only portfolio. So I made some quick buys, but I don't want to invest much time in this if the competition is already over.

Can somebody clarify?

--Prone

rich76 12 Jun 2020 06:54 AM

Season has not reached the halfway point

ProneEisenrott 12 Jun 2020 07:38 AM

I thought the PGA season started in September or October. And I thought we typically used the MASTERS tourney as the halfway point at Jocks$tocks.

Am I wrong?

rich76 12 Jun 2020 08:53 AM

The entire schedule has changed......the Masters has not even been played yet. The halfway point now is sometime next month or the end of June.

SiteWolf 12 Jun 2020 09:09 AM

I'll reset the comp whenever you guys think...I didn't, honestly, look at the new schedule to make any determination.

ProneEisenrott 12 Jun 2020 03:11 PM

Well, whatever you decide is OK, but please let me know the date so I can know how much effort to put into this comp as we close it out. Rich is a fierce competitor and can quickly gain ground if I become complacent.

SiteWolf 12 Jun 2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott (Post 100567)
Well, whatever you decide is OK, but please let me know the date so I can know how much effort to put into this comp as we close it out. Rich is a fierce competitor and can quickly gain ground if I become complacent.

Under normal circumstances, yes, we would have closed out the first half....ain't nothing been normal these past months........and I, honestly, haven't looked at the schedule to see how many tournaments are remaining that WILL be played...and where we are currently in that.

I'm assuming the logical would be to have around the same tournaments in both halves of the season's competition...wherever that falls (and this year meaning likely not tied to a major)

ProneEisenrott 12 Jun 2020 05:34 PM

It appears that there have been 26 tournaments this season so far (last September to Mar 5th when COVID struck). That's around the halfway point, usually when the Masters is played.

According to the PGA Tour schedule, there are only 14 more tournaments scheduled for this season (through Sep 2020), or 30 if you count through the end of the calendar year in December.

So, we are either past the halfway point or fairly close to the halfway point depending on whether you want the 2nd half comp to run the PGA season or the calendar year.

Please let me know what you decide. One or two more tourneys is the maximum I think we can justify before moving on to the 2nd half.

- Prone

rich76 12 Jun 2020 06:02 PM

End the comp with this tournament. Easy...............

ProneEisenrott 12 Jun 2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich76 (Post 100570)
End the comp with this tournament. Easy...............

I would agree.

thunder gulch 12 Jun 2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiteWolf (Post 100568)
....ain't nothing been normal these past months........

Truer words have never been spoken. LOL! Between stuck home for 3 months and some looting blocks from my house, it has certainly not been normal. It was so nice to make some golf buys! :bdance: