Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   JFCL (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   March Madness 2014 (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=18792)

yon Beast 03 Mar 2014 12:54 PM

March Madness 2014

Get your bracket here

Pool ID: 3508
pass: jockstocks

bballjer44 05 Mar 2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Beast (Post 85128)
Get your bracket here

Link doesn't work for me.

There was a problem

You are not a member of this group. (Error #113)

yon Beast 05 Mar 2014 11:10 AM

apologies all....there seems to be a problem with the link. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Jerry!

some bs about texting confirmation and then of course receiving a bunch of crap mail....

I have now sent invites to all those that i have e-mails for. (save Chuck and Chin who manged it)

If you haven't received an invite and want to play a bracket in the group...drop me your e-mail address and i will send an invite out. It seems to circumvent that cell phone crap.

matchups out on the 16th and small window to get picks in...so being ready doesn't hurt ;)

Thunderbirds 07 Mar 2014 08:22 AM

I have tried directly from your link and they still want the cell phone crap.

yon Beast 07 Mar 2014 03:10 PM

I don't know what to say or do!...sorry!

somehow i managed getting in without giving up cell phone stuff.

Hunny tried the normal way by typing in the pool# and pass on the register page and she was directed to the call phone thingy.
So I sent her an invite with all the others and she got the same crap...so I let her use my cell# where they texted her a confirmation #.
Only two have signed up since e-mails were sent so I think there is still a problem.

I'm thinking there is no way past the cell page part (maybe I didn't get it because I started the pool??) because of confirmation bs.
I didn't even read the billion(?) dollar contest because Canadians aren't included. However, I am very sure its because of that sponsor that entrants must give up a gateway for their propaganda...er, advertisements.

bballjer44 07 Mar 2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Beast (Post 85165)
I don't know what to say or do!...sorry!

somehow i managed getting in without giving up cell phone stuff.

Hunny tried the normal way by typing in the pool# and pass on the register page and she was directed to the call phone thingy.
So I sent her an invite with all the others and she got the same crap...so I let her use my cell# where they texted her a confirmation #.
Only two have signed up since e-mails were sent so I think there is still a problem.

I'm thinking there is no way past the cell page part (maybe I didn't get it because I started the pool??) because of confirmation bs.
I didn't even read the billion(?) dollar contest because Canadians aren't included. However, I am very sure its because of that sponsor that entrants must give up a gateway for their propaganda...er, advertisements.

Switch to ESPN or some other site or count me out.
Will never give my cell num to yahoo.

yon Beast 08 Mar 2014 10:34 AM

yes.

its a problem.

all i can think of right now is to make March Madness optional?...and leave out of the loop for this year??

I really would like to hear....more!!
Get some more players weighing in....is espn really any better??

Chuck?...whats your take?
lets hear from those that are not playing because of the information requested by yahoo.
lets hear from anybody that has an opinion or a solution, please.

bballjer44 08 Mar 2014 02:21 PM

I did baseball on ESPN last year and I liked it better then the Yahoo we were doing.
When my daughter/son-in-law lived here their ESPN fantasy football was a better interface than our Yahoo.

I have not done any other comps at ESPN or any other sites.

SiteWolf 09 Mar 2014 08:17 AM

Here's one....use Jockstocks March Madness Pick'em ;)

greengaels 09 Mar 2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Beast (Post 85128)
Get your bracket here

I didn't get an e-mail

My e-mail is [email protected]

bballjer44 09 Mar 2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiteWolf (Post 85177)
Here's one....use Jockstocks March Madness Pick'em ;)

Use this for the JCFL this year and also experiment (just for fun this year) with a non-Yahoo site with brackets.

yon Beast 09 Mar 2014 03:31 PM

It seems we are not alone in having Yahoo difficulties.

There are numerous complaints on the feedback page. This is Yahoo's new policy.

I have read (and know of greengaels) that Canadian phone numbers aren't even being accepted.
**somehow my Canadian number did work for Hunny confirmation...I never actually got the page myself....likely because I started the pool.

So...a new policy from them should come with a new policy from us!

It is obviously a way for them to get their ads to our eyes by going around e-mail firewalls and spam catchers.

With all that said...we are set for baseball, have nascar and golf underway for the year.
March Madness will obviously be a mystery for the next week....

Orren...you have mail :)

cerbaz 09 Mar 2014 03:43 PM

Everyone could always print out a bracket, make their picks and e-mail it to me. I would post results/standings after each day of games.

Just a thought.

Chuck

yon Beast 09 Mar 2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballjer44 (Post 85183)
Use this for the JCFL this year and also experiment (just for fun this year) with a non-Yahoo site with brackets.

yes...easily an option.
As is Chuck's!

I have a mail to O.... which matches Jerry's suggestion to a certain degree
I'll wait to hear back and then share :)

SiteWolf 09 Mar 2014 06:42 PM

and now you've got mail

there'd never be an issue with you guys utilizing a comp here, and no issue with trying a new scoring system....just a minor one in adjusting 'on the fly'