Jockstocks Forums

Jockstocks Forums (http://forums.jockstocks.com//index.php)
-   Jockstocks Today (http://forums.jockstocks.com//forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holiday Challenge (http://forums.jockstocks.com//showthread.php?t=22053)

rich76 07 Nov 2018 08:23 PM

Holiday Challenge

My challenge to any/all players:

For every dollar you donate to J$ this Holiday Season, I will match up to $100.00. If it goes well I would be inclined to bump that to $200. For now...........$100.

You can post your donation here if you wish or you can PM Orren or I and once your donation is received and confirmed by Orren.....my total goes up accordingly.

Dig people.....the slow speed in my TV port is unbearable.:goofy: Let's help Orren and Nick get this done.

rrock33 07 Nov 2018 11:29 PM

I just sent $20.

The yellow donate button does NOT work.

The donate link is a small x on the top header of the forums page.

If you don't fix it no one will donate....

Confirm that it worked.

:thankyou: Orren & Nick

rich76 12 Nov 2018 07:58 PM

Thanks rock.......

geesh....maybe I should change the title of the thread to R rated to get more views.........sad

shoveljerk 07 Dec 2018 11:29 AM

I'm clearly an internet illiterate. I used the donation button, but couldn't figure out how to change the amount. I'd like to add another $20. How do i do that?

SiteWolf 07 Dec 2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoveljerk (Post 96502)
I'm clearly an internet illiterate. I used the donation button, but couldn't figure out how to change the amount. I'd like to add another $20. How do i do that?

oh it has nothing to do with your internet literacy, that donate button has been stuck on $2....I had another link but it required a PayPal account to use it

We've needed to update that whole setup as well, and I'm not sure PayPal is the way to go moving forward.

I'll talk about this some more once we get thru this afternoon's changes (and I'm not just home for lunch).

rich76 07 Dec 2018 05:46 PM

So......1 month....and only 2 guys are going to make me dig for a measly $40.
Very.............. let's just say......... disappointing.

SiteWolf 15 Dec 2018 09:32 AM

haloran added a nice donation recently, so we want to thank him for that

We sincerely appreciate ALL those who donate. We need to make that easier to do.....adding more options like Venmo, Square, Leaguesafe, etc as options....and we need to give you more reason to....that is until we can get enough going for the site and its traffic to do more of the heavy lifting.....

Which brings up a couple things. Our new server setup is not a flat fee situation. We need to lock it up at lower prices or the monthly cost is only going to go up moving forward. If I gathered correctly, somewhere in the $500 range covers us for a year, $1000 would cover us for 3. Not suggesting that has to happen, or happen from donations, just sayin' Nick and I want to lock in lower prices, which would mean doing something soon.

On a totally different subject- forums. You may/may not remember/realize that we've been operating on an older version of vbulletin for years, one that we no longer have to pay an annual license to use, but also has severe limits on what we can update. Plus, it's taken some creative hacking for Nick to get around the fact vbulletin assumes it is going to be the primary login for a site.

So, just as happened a number of years ago with a previous iteration of our forums, we may be faced with it being logical moving forward to archive our current forums and start fresh again.

Let's face it....forums across the web are simply not used like they once were. They still serve their purpose, but are simply not 'office water hole' communication center they used to be. These forums have been nice to have, there are things we could have done with them over the years that we haven't....but a simpler, cleaner, leaner setup might serve our purpose just as well while also eliminating some of the quirks of moving between the forums and the site.

When you think of how you communicate elsewhere around the web and/or how you'd like to here, what's the 2018 version of your thinking? Inquiring minds want to know!

StockTrader 17 Dec 2018 10:35 AM

One other major form of communication that has swept the business world is Slack. It can be accessed via a web browser or downloadable client. It would be similar to the "chat" feature back in the old Jockstocks days, except it's a LOT more versatile. Plus, we could have public channels (for people to ask general questions) that wouldn't require users to register for Slack.

Anyway, it's just an idea that came to mind as I was reading this post.

PS - Thanks for the very nice donation haloran.

rich76 17 Dec 2018 01:16 PM

So....the total is now $140.00? I sure do wish that it had been more well recceived.
Really disappointed
Please confirm total so I can send in my promise.

SiteWolf 17 Dec 2018 06:59 PM

Nick had told me $124 since 12/7 in a different conversation....which wouldn't include rrock's $20...so $140, $144, one o' those.

rich76 20 Dec 2018 08:14 AM

sent yesterday...............:cheers:

StockTrader 21 Dec 2018 09:51 AM

:cheers:

Thanks again, Rich!

rrock33 22 Dec 2018 08:56 PM

I'll send more when I can

rrock33 22 Dec 2018 08:59 PM

:thankyou: Rich

Merry Christmas

rich76 22 Dec 2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrock33 (Post 96663)
:thankyou: Rich

Merry Christmas

:cheers: Backatcha Rock....to you and your family.