View Single Post
Unread 03 Aug 2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
i could go with the incomplete myself. but if i had to give him an "official" grade overall it couldn't be much higher than a C. I'm still hugely in favor of the health care legislation, I still think the repeal of don't ask don't tell is a good idea, i'm loving the stance on not giving into the state's on immigration reform (although i'm not loving the federal stance on it), and i love the push to nationalize student loans.

that said i'm not in favor the his continuing provisions in the PATRIOT act or his enabling continued extensions of the bush tax credits. Plus I'm not thrilled with the way his administration is handling the Israeli/Palestinian debacle either.

still though it's a hell of a lot better than having sarah palin as president God forbid!!!!! i'd put a smilie but i'm not joking.
Ken......my dear friend and golf partner is in the insurance business and he has confirmed for me that my wife (56 yrs old) has to pay a premium that includes maternity....you think that's fair? there are others with insurance but that's enough for now...it affects me directly.
immigration....do you really think that the fed govt has the same priorities as the states (Ariz etc) that are critically affected by illegal immigration? Those border states are getting hammered with medical giveaways, crime etc. IMHO they (the states) SHOULD be able to have their own reform based on how directly they are being affected.
you really think the govt will be able to administer student loans after all their other debacles?

A president is supposed to be perceived as a strong leader...I'm not seeing that....yet. His ratings are dropping steadily in many polls across the country....there has to be reasons for that. I was willing to give him an incomplete earlier this year....not any longer. I'm being generous giving him a "D". IMHO he'll have a tough time getting reelected. The only thing he has going for him right now is that there are no real strong viable republicans on the horizon.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no