View Single Post
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 05:23 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Understand that some of our more active USERS are not necessarily active TRADERS. You might be surprised how many log in daily, put in their Pick'ems, read some post some on the boards, but don't do that much trading. THOSE are the people I'm referring to as casual...NOT the people who don't log in for weeks or even months at a time..tho we have some that are fairly active during parts of the year, fairly INactive other parts.

The point of the game is to build your portfolio, not accumulate splits. I know that can be at least part of the fun and believe me, I'm not trying to take any of that away.

Anthony, you may not know this since you didn't know me prior to Jockstocks, but I was exactly the type of casual trader I'm referring to back at our predecessor. I was active in competitions some months, barely made a trade other months. But I logged in virtually every day for years. So I DO understand from the user side.

Stagnant does matter to those trading more actively, especially those playing monthly ports, etc. They have enough decisions to make in who they buy each night without having to make decisions also based on whether a stock will 'moo' or not because it's a stock split. Plus, from the user side AND admin side, an active market is a more healthy market.

Like I said...if a better idea comes along, I'm all for it. My job here is to keep the game as enjoyable as possible for as many as possible, so I'm certainly not looking to do things that detract from that. I have listened sometimes even too much to users over the years when it comes to game changes, etc...and I'm not stopping now.

Maybe the temporary 'fix' while we continue discussion is to allow 100k trading on golf stocks while we come up with an answer...at the risk of annoying those who don't trade actively as they're used to simply holding stock splits and therefore not having reason to sell on a bad day.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?