View Single Post
Unread 14 Jan 2012, 01:33 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

beasts diary: Putting this here helps me date things.

P5K Premium died last week.
I think i shorted out the board while changing monitors back and forth.

so, I upgraded a bit. I think.

New MoBo/CPU and RAM.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA1366 DDR3 CrossFireX SLI 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI USB 3.0 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB 2X4GB DDR3 1866MHZ PC3-15000 9-11-9-27 1.65V XMP Ready Desktop Memory Kit

Five year warranty on board :cool:

Performance is now 5.9 on all categories

lesson learned: Static....bad

On a related topic...
no sooner was i done when Microsoft informed me I have three days to replace my license key.
Apparently each copy of Windows is allowed a number of rebuilds and then...that's it!!?
I run Vista.
I found a way to keep windows active for another 120 days without buying anything....but then what?
How would I go about changing operating system (to win7) and NOT losing info on that hard drive? (ie: registered programs such as SolidWorks or Simply Accounting)
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)