View Single Post
Unread 30 May 2018, 01:49 PM
GM

I recently went to see the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and it is the most memorable place in Washington for me now. It starts out on one end only a few feet tall with less than 100 names on the one panel. By the time a person gets to where the panels meet in the middle the panel is around 9 feet feet tall with about 3,125 names on one panel.

I did find the name I was looking for and there is a guide to find names on the various panels. It can be a very hard task to do though because some of the panels have over 100 lines of names. And the sun can play a factor as well if it hits the panel at the right angle the names would be very hard to read. The closer to each end the easier it is to find a name but I seem to remember the name I found was sort of in the middle between the end and where the panels come together. I do remember line one starts at the top of each panel.

I could only imagine a person that had lost a loved one going there and seeing the name of the person they were close to.

It is quite a sight to see all of the names of people all in the same place and something I will not soon forget for the rest of my life.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.