Thread: Deflate-Gate
View Single Post
Unread 21 Jan 2015, 05:13 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)
Default Couldn't Agree More

I couldn't agree more strongly. It is improbable to believe this was the first instance of deflating the game balls for cold/ wet weather. The team would never jeopardize Brady's comfort level in such an important game by trying something new.

While we will not likely ever know the whole story, onc can assume this is a regular practice for the Patriots. Heck, many teams may do similar things to gain an edge. But the Patriots got caught and should suffer significant penalty.

I don't think you could overturn the game results. It is probably too late for that kind of action. Had the officials acted immediately, I could see the game ending in a forfeit. I do believe that Belichick should face a suspension, the team should be fined, and the team should lose draft picks.

The problem is that Godell and the NFL are in charge of the investigation. I have little faith that they will conclude the investigation and make a ruling before the Super Bowl. Given the recent (mis)handling of league infractions, I have zero faith they will do any better with this one.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.