View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2007, 03:05 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
First of all, I know where you're going with this.

If a person can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they took the life of another person of purpose, then yes. [self-defense aside]

The one that comes to my mind is Andrea Yates. The woman drowned five children in a bathtub. If she's crazy, this world will still be better off without her.
actually no i wasn't going to take the low road and point out the inconsistencies between the basic tenets of chrisianity and capital punishment. the books of the new testament and the teachings of christ do a sufficient job of that by themselves.

i was simply going to ask you to offer me some evidence that violent crime has indeed diminished as a result of capital punishment. in fact it hasn't so my question would then be....

isn't it "a waste of money and time" passing such legislation?

Quote:
Another interesting tid-bit:

The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75.

Source: Fields, Dr. E. "Is Homosexual Activity Normal?" Marietta, GA via this link.

Proof that homosexuality is bad for the health.
what the heck does this have to do with anything? smoking is bad for one's health, and data shows that driving is a risky behavior often leading to untimely death. should perpetrators of both have their rights effectively stripped away from them? (ok in the case of smokers they have)

what about those who eat red meat? play contact sports? work in dangerous jobs (e.g., firefighters, police officers, fishermen, etc)? after all their life expectancies are far shorter than the average person. and since it's clear their lifestyles are dangerous why not simply strip them of all their rights. see the flaw in your logic? or at least the complete irrelevance?