View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2012, 03:18 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I've learned that the places that dangle the carrot in front of your face will never, ever give you that carrot.

If you are unhappy and don't want to work there, you should only make sincere attempts to get a new job because in your current one your employer will never follow thru otherwise they would have already. They might try and "pony up" if you are indeed leaving after you put your notice in but at that point you have to walk because they have proven to be the type of people you can not trust. If you stay, they will just continue to jerk you around until you get fed up ... again.
this is a quite different situation, actually....I was brought in as a temp, they've really wanted to make me a permanent offer, but (at least claim) they need sales to pick up to justify it......I've gotten to know the boss and his brother (the owner) well enough to not BELIEVE they're yankin' my chain....and, with the things they have me doing, would be thousands of dollars and months behind if they let me walk. I do things noone else in the company does or can do, plus now they've had me introduce myself to some 30 rep firms as support for the entire western half of the country.........one would hope you don't do that with someone you don't plan to keep

So in other words, my job search isn't because I'm unhappy with the one I have. It's great. Noone looking over my shoulder, my own office, laid back boss, etc etc.......the ONLY reason I continue job hunting is because this one remains in temp status.

The problem is...my current boss also knows I've not exactly been bombarded with offers...and until I am, he can get by cheaper with the status quo...and not a lot I can do about it because I need the paycheck. Two degrees, 25+ years of experience, and I'm either overqualified or too old (neither of which is said, both of which are often obvious).

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.