View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2012, 10:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

An option, if you feel comfortable doing it, would be to do a complete reinstall of windows...you do not need to format your hard drive and most, if not all, of your programs should run properly afterwords. Of course, I would highly recommend backing up any and all important items prior to doing this and your bases should be covered. You want to make sure you are installing over top of your original windows...you should be prompted that you will overwrite your existing OS and you should select yes.

You will need to run any and all updates and you will lose most if not all of your settings for many windows based programs. But that is all relatively minor to get a PC back up and running as close to 100%, imo.

I've found that a person can monkey with RAM, drivers, hardware, etc. all they want too and many times, a fresh install will remedy many problems. If your PC is fairly new, you could be back up and running within an hour (sans updates) and better than ever.

Just my suggestion, fwiw.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.