View Single Post
Unread 06 Feb 2008, 02:48 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsab View Post
yes..I have SolidWorks. I do not have a professional use as yet, but I needed a drafting program last year and Auto-Cad had no 64 bit version at that time! Pricey...but unbelievably so much better. I absolutely love the click and drag functionability (no typing!!). Just finished Level II (night classes)...failed miserably...fell too far behind and still trying to catch up. Will take again in the fall...meanwhile I have been using the on-line tutorials to keep sharp and get help when I'm stuck drawing something.
This is a high end 3d/drawing program unmatched as yet...I think!

Sorry to ramble but almost a year gone by...and you are the first one I know of that is not a salesman, student or teacher to comment about it. Does the program you use have the extras? Cosmos, libraries, etc?
no idea if they'd have extras.....they design wooden swing sets which (as they hate hearing me joke about) are, when you break it down to its core, just sticks o' wood with holes in 'em. 'course, they also use it to design slides, hardware, and other accessories.........but as to extras..doubt they do unless the company really thought it was necessary. We've got like 8 licenses for it I think. They'd used AutoCad for years and changed in '06....had to be a reason. As far as ease of use, I guess for what I've used it for so far, I'd agree....but then the last CAD program I used was an almost-DOS autocad....lol

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.