View Single Post
Unread 14 Apr 2013, 08:31 AM
GO STEELERS!

Default 7th Annual NHL Playoff Competition

HEY EVERYONE, THE NHL PLAYOFFS ARE HERE...well...they will be soon enough anyway. This is our 7th annual NHL competition. I'm posting this a little early because I'm going to be a little busy this next week...I study for my real estate license and sit for my exam in 9 days. I’m also in the middle of mid-terms for grad school.

As far as the competition, if you want to participate you'd pick 10 NHL skaters and two NHL goalies. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FAVORITE TEAM WITH YOUR ENTRY. The deadline for entries is the start of the first game (whenever that is). Once all entries are submitted I'll post a file with everyone's picks.

To Enter: Please email your picks to [email protected] or pm your picks to h20guy (I'd prefer they be sent via messenger on here) or Sitewolf on Jockstocks and please include your J$ user name.

I am currently unemployed, so this contest is being brought to you by the use of internet survey/free offer sites for funds. I’ve been a member of both for well over a year and they pay via paypal or check. They’re accredited by the BBB and are 100% legit. I have posted links and banners below. I make about $20 a month from each site. Both sites offer a $5 signup bonus. If you could please take a moment and check them out or share them and/or pass it on to friends/family or post it on your Facebook, Twitter, etc. I would greatly appreciate it and I can continue to award prizes to winning participants.

Here are the links, please pass them on if you can:

http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=mrrangerrick

http://www.uniquerewards.com/cgi-bin...f&refid=217099

NOTE: THE SCORING HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR!!! ALL CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE BELOW AND ARE IN RED.

I'll post a leaderboard in the main forum (nightly) and we'll give away prizes...

PRIZES-
1st place = NHL T-Shirt (of favorite team) and $100k to the winner's Total Value Port
2nd place = $50k to Total Value Port
3rd place = $25k to Total Value Port

Once again, the deadline for entries is at the start of the first game. No late entries will be accepted.

Thanks and good luck.

Here's the NEW scoring format:

Skaters:
Goal = +3
Assist = +1
PP Goal = +1 additional bonus point
SH Goal = +2 additional bonus point
+/- = +1 or -1

Goalies:

Win = +3 points
Shutout =+5 additional bonus points (it’s +3 for W +5 for SO = +8 total)
Saves = +0.5/save (50 saves = 25 points)
Loss = -5 points
Goal Allowed = -1 per goal allowed

We've never had a two-time winner...will this be the year?
Here's a look at the past winners: