Thread: Chambers Bay
View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2015, 10:17 AM
GM

My favorite part of the Fox coverage was when they showed the trains going along the course. That is saying something.

Having said that I have watched very little golf on television the last few years. Part of this is my perception that there has been very little drama at the end of tournaments the last few years. I am very sure there must have been some dramatic finishes. But let us look at the Master's earlier this year I normally would have had some interest when Jordan Spieth was tied for the lowest round in the history of the tournament but I had no desire to see if Jordan would have broken the record or not. Yes part of it is the no drama.

There was some very strange camera angles, and the conditions of some of the greens which in some cases was not ideal, made it very hard to see where the hole location even was.

I do not get this whole fascination with use of drones in general and specifically to show the holes in this tournament I could really care less about this aspect of the coverage. This aspect of the coverage felt very forced to me and the whole let us try something new concept just did not do it for me.

I can not even really comment on the how the broadcasters did because I watched so little coverage I would not feel I would be able to give a fair comments on how they did. I could go on but I think this is good place for me to stop.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.