View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2023, 08:40 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott View Post
It's astonishing how few people participate in the Jock$tocks polls, or forums in general, or markets.

What has happened to this great site?
the forums just simply need to go (add new ones)...there are people who can't seem to even get logged into them

as far as the site...I have never EVER marketed it...closest thing was back in the 'free money for voting on voting sites' timeframe.....2 reasons, marketing costs money but more importantly, I've withheld doing it because I'd want the entire site upgraded before lots of new eyes see it and every time I think I have investors, something happens. I'm making another push with one right now...

I'm (quite obviously) stubborn, so I keep going as I can. Nick's life is way too busy and mine has been too these past couple months in particular.

Did you know the vast majority of the coding that runs this game still goes back to Shawn in 2002?! It's a testament to his abilities that so much of the site still functions. Yes, Nick also did a lot of tweaking and updating as well....but most of that is a decade old at this point, too. When our server went down and we were basically offline for 2 months, whenever that was, he got us back up, but some things remained 'broken', waiting to be updated. So there are things I have, for years now, done far more manually than I ever used to...just to keep the game feeling, to you guys, as much like it should as possible.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?