View Single Post
Unread 13 Sep 2012, 10:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw
Default iPhone 5 - What's All The Hype About?

I've been reading up on the specs for the new iPhone 5 because it seems as if Apple always thinks it is the "innovator" of new smartphone features and/or the "standard" as to which smartphones are set by.

So, let's list some of the key features for the new iPhone and see how they stack up against most any Android phone...

Thinnest smartphone - may be true right now, but every quarter smartphones have continued to get thinner. Several Android phones are set to be released by the years end that will either be equal or thinner than the iPhone 5. And when the word "thinnest" is thrown around, we are talking thinnest by a millimeter or less, so technically it is the thinnest, but only by the most literal measurement. If anything, it should be touted as to being as thin as the rest of the smartphones.

4 inch display, biggest in iPhone history - my Droid X which I've had for 2 years has a 4.3 inch display.

Add a 5th row of icons - with Android you can get any number of launchers, many of which allow you to customize your display to your liking including as many rows of icons as you can tolerate.

The new, improved A6 processor - basically a quad-core processor, something Android phones have had since the beginning of this year.

An 8 megapixel camera and panorama picture taking - Again, my Droid X from 2010 has an 8 megapixel camera and can take panoramic pictures using GPS so it is very easy to "stitch" your pictures together in any arrangement you want ... you can take a multi-frame picture and go both horizontal and vertical or some of both.

I've been holding out for a new phone for a bit, but I think the Droid Razr HD Maxx, that is suppose to come out next month, is the one that I am going to get and from what I can tell, will be a much better phone than the iPhone 5, imo.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.