View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2012, 02:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

As more specs are coming out so is more questions as to why the iPhone 5 truly isn't anything "new"...

- Apple's secure software will only permit the use of their own, proprietary system (Passbook) meaning no PayPal (along with others for secure payments options) and not being able to exchange info by tapping your phones together.

- No alternative keyboard input style. I know Motorola has had the Swype input style for a while and I really enjoy it...you can use one finger, never lift it off the screen while typing a word, and very quickly crank out a message.

- Still no external SD card option. I've had an external SD card for my last 4 phones (8+ years) ... every picture, video and anything else I have wanted to save from those phones is still on an external SD card and viewable with my current phone...my has camera resolution improved!

- With no external SD card option you would think that Apple would then up the internal storage capacity of their new iPhone 5. Nope. Internal 64 gb is the maximum amount of storage for your iPhone 5.

- Remember all those great iPhone accessories you purchased? All worthless with the iPhone 5 because they changed their docking port. Yes, Apple is saying you can buy a $30 "converter" that will work "with some devices" but I have a hunch Apple fans are too concerned with appearance and wouldn't stoop to buying a converter.

- No HDMI video out. To watch video off your phone on another device you will need to buy Apple's proprietary cable (or an Apple TV) to watch your videos on something other than your iPhone. All "high end" Android devices typically have had HDMI out available since the beginning and now even the more affordable options come standard with HDMI out.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.