Thread: Windows 8.1
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jun 2013, 01:12 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default Windows 8.1

The Associated Press Posted: Jun 26, 2013

a couple of excerpts I'm concerned about...
Quote:
Microsoft has released an update to Windows 8, aiming to address some of the gripes people have with the latest version of the company's flagship operating system.
Quote:
Windows 8 was also supposed to make Microsoft more competitive in the growing market for tablet computers. But Windows tablets had less than a 4 percent market share in the first quarter, compared with 57 percent for Android and 40 percent for Apple's iPad.
Quote:
Microsoft is addressing that shift by banking its future on touch controls.
keyboard and mouse now on endangered list

this is the start(?) to how I get a computer like Tony Stark's!??
Of course, MOST of the hardware I have for computing is not compatible with touch, gesture and verbal commands.

Flashes of LP's ,reel to reel, 8-tracks and cassettes...

;pout;
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)