Thread: Chambers Bay
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2015, 02:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Fox TV coverage, imo, overall was not very good.

On Thursday, their graphic machine must not have been working because you never saw the name or score of any golfer when they put them on. Their camera work improved, moderately, as the weekend went on...maybe some personnel changes...but the camera, directing and producing on Thursday and Friday was really bad. Often never seeing a shot land or where it landed. They would show a tee shot by a player (ie: Phil Mickelson) go into a sand trap or rough ... then 10 minutes later they would show the player (ie: Mickelson) putting for par and commenting on what a great up and down that was ... never showing the viewer any shots other than the tee off and putt from a player at times.

Because Fox is new to the golf coverage game and all the "established" golf analysts are under contract with other networks, Fox had to go out and find whatever "talent" they could scrounge up that isn't under contract and then you get essentially a "C" squad of analysts all led by a over-the-top milquetoast Joe Buck. Listening to him talk about golf was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I'm a little undecided on how to view DJ and it's not because he likes to party and do drugs but some of his other questionable decisions he makes off the course make me a little hesitant to climb aboard his bandwagon just yet.

I'm in a golf pool and I wish I had known that Rickie Fowler was just going to party all weekend with Tiger and not golf ... he cost me a chance at making some money...

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.