View Single Post
Unread 26 Jan 2020, 06:27 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
I appreciate all input sincerely. There's no way for me put everything down that fits into my thought process, but I still gain some clarity with all responses and opinions.

Jerry, the jobs themselves aren't comparable. With the state I'm an accountant spending most of my time moving digital money around.....the new job puts me 2nd in command of the company wearing many hats from accounting to personnel to sales. My pension thus far is vested and I can continue it, albeit currently without new employer's contribution.

The company was a mess....owner's brother used it as his personal ATM, his partner in crime was reaping the benefits as well, and their friend the sales 'manager' was blissfully cashing nice paychecks while sales kept slipping. All 3 of them are gone and the owner is looking to the two of us to repair damages and pick sales back up.

So, we have a challenge ahead. But the owner has entrusted my friend and my friend has told me I'll never have to worry about another job. As secure as a government job? Maybe not.....but if pride had calories I'd have gained another 30 pounds dealing with my current boss..........she's in her mid 40s, her boss is in her mid 40s, both are in the position they plan to be in for years....I can't spend the rest of my career doing what I've been doing the past nearly 2 years, biting my tongue. This is a woman who gave me extra duties when another accountant was on maternity leave, ignored me when I asked if there was more I could do, kept doing all she'd asked even after the gal came back.....yet 5 months later told me during my review that I 'lost opportunity by not taking on more responsibility during her maternity leave'

But yes, my skill set is wider than my current responsibilities and the new job should tap into a lot more of them....learning all I need to learn at my age won't be my favorite thing to do, but the opportunities for financial gains are miles better.......with the state, I'll never reach the salary level I'll be offered tomorrow...with the likelihood of increases even within a couple months.

Believe me, tho....I've told them I can't make this move if I can't feel comfortable that when I leave, it will be my choice.
It seems to me you have made a decision and clearly said why you need to make the change. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.