Thread: MLB=stupid
View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 07:01 PM
GM

Just the other day I did not even provide a link to a story because many news Websites have warnings about not using their story under any conditions and even the pictures sometimes now.

I only have one question though. How are people supposed to make up their own mind on any subject if their story is not to be reprinted, redistributed etc? And I interpreted that if I provided a link to the story in some way I would be redistributing it. I know perfectly well why there are copyright laws in the first place but if they don't want people doing what I just talked about then why put it on their Website in the first place.

There was a story recently that a someone in France had gotten a copy a copy of the new Harry Potter book and started to translate it into French even though the book is not going to be coming out for a while longer in France. And no this person did not get in trouble. I think he was a younger person and he was not trying to make any money off of it so nothing really happened to him.

I am kind of surprised that news organizations that have their material on the Internet would even want people talking about their story.

There are even a few online newspapers that say what page it would be in their printed newspaper now.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.