Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Unread 25 Oct 2008, 08:35 PM
GM

Well Obama was a cosponsor of a bill about abortion that would say screw it to any federal, state, or local statute, ordinance, administrative order, decision, policy, or other action.

I guess Ms. Boxer wanted everything covered.

I only want to ask what other things the democrats would want to take such action against as well?

I just love how previous federal, states, and local law that restricted abortion in almost any way should not be applied at all in this type of matter that effects all of us if we realize it or not.

Well I would love to find a story about this that is even half way reasonable or even coherent but that is just not possible right now. And of course as geared up a people can get about abortion most of the msm has not tried to call attention to this type of story. I wonder why that would be I just gave the reason why the press would not touch a story like this so close to the presidential election.

I could really care less if this was about abortion or not but we must be diligent as a people if the feds decide on their own what state and local laws should be valid or not.

I will admit if I am reading this wrong but for some reason I don't think that I am.

I will just quote section six of this bill which is at the very bottom of the webpage I will provide after my quote.

"SEC. 6. RETROACTIVE EFFECT.

This Act applies to every Federal, State, and local statute, ordinance, regulation, administrative order, decision, policy, practice, or other action enacted, adopted, or implemented before, on, or after the date of enactment of this Act."

Text of the bill at Thomas

This is the co sponsors of this bill and yes Obama's name is among them.

Co sponsors of this bill

I would think that someone who has actually taught constitutional law before would know what the constitution is about but apparently not imho.

I think if would be quite appropriate to quote the last of the ten amendments in the Bill of Rights.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Would this bill say screw it to the tenth amendment to the constitution or not?

This kind of crap is why I am so looking forward to an Obama presidency.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.