View Single Post
Unread 23 Dec 2018, 12:06 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

My bad guys.....I looked and saw a couple snafus

A week ago I sat down and put picks in for every day thru like Jan 5....3 weeks' worth....
I saw Jerry's email literally while sitting in my plane in LA before final boarding completed. I thought I'd responded to Jerry and included Nick, but it's possible that response never got sent because it was on the edge of my still having wifi.

Anyway, so it was never about picks not being there. This time, it was also not about having the wrong set number attached to pick questions and options. Each competition is designated a set number in our programming- regular pick'em (monthly/total) is one set, bowl pick'em is another, NFL only another, and so on. So when an NFL only pick has accidentally shown in regular Pick'em, it's because I had the wrong set number on the pick (either the question, the options, or both).

THIS situation, however, was not that either. One tweak that hasn't happened yet since our last server change is.....a little script that creates pick tables has not been running- a script that just creates the next tables needed for pick questions, pick options, but also pick selections (picks you make) and results (when we score them).

Short story long...I had manually created some selection and result tables as well, but did enough for me to have been in Hawaii before needing more......and, with my travel plans getting screwed up and me arriving Sat afternoon instead of Thurs night, yesterday there was no selection table for today available..............so there were picks but no selection table, which is why you could see them...but not PICK them since there was no place for your selections to go.

I saw this when I was finishing things up last night before finally seeing a bed for the first time in 40+ hours.....which was about 4am eastern today....too late to feel right in creating the tables so people could pick since so many wouldn't be here this morning looking for them. There may be another snafu like it in this mix from the last day or so, I've not looked thoroughly....but there's your answer.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.