Thread: President Obama
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2009, 08:19 AM
GM

What has gotten into a very famous news organization.

They highlight five key freedoms a patient might lose if this "reform" ever becomes law.

1. One must pick a plan no matter if one of the plan fits that person best or not. I must go back to keeping costs within reason. The best way to do that is to limit the choices a person gets.
2. People must pay the same rate no matter if they are relatively healthy, have cancer, a teenager, a member of AARP etc. In other words a healthy person gets to pay the same rate as an unhealthy person. Makes perfect sense to me. NOT!
3. Competition will all but be eliminated from health insurance eventually over a long period of time. And take a wild guess who gets to decide what rate a person should be paying in the first place.
4. Only people that work at a large company such as General Electric won't see their plans change at least some. This is because the theory goes if more people pay something then that helps with the risks. Never really understood this and probably never will.
5. Don't worry you will get used to a new doctor. And guess whom gets to say which doctors are on the list in the first place.

And don't forget these are only the key things people may lose if this ever becomes law.

I would like to add another one of my own. If and that is a big if doctors are paid a salary and not for how many people they see in a given day which leads to higher health care costs now. The number of patients a doctor sees can lead to extra tests that are not needed and even in some cases unnecessary medical procedures. What I have just described is what happens mostly in the current health care system. What kind of incentive are some doctors going to have if they get paid exactly the same if they see 300 patients for about ten months out of the year or 3,000 patients a year. I only mention this because this could lead to long lines in some cases if a doctor decided to only see one patient per day. And plus will this salary be enough for every doctor wants to stay a doctor. Who knows because we have no idea what the salary would be.

I would like to thank CNN for this very informative information.

Now I must remind people that what said one day may not be true the next day. This situation has to be changing at least some from when it was first drafted. In fact there are at least two plans in each of the bodies of congress.

Story from CNN about some health care freedoms that might be lost

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.