View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2017, 07:08 PM

some stats........from an article at Keep and bear arms

NFL Players Arrested Every 7 Days On Average...

September 25, 2017

The National Football League is in a golden age right now: It's been 23 days since one of its players has been arrested.

The average time between arrests is just seven days, while the record without an arrest is slightly more than two months, at 65 days, according to NFL arrest.com, which "provides an interactive visualized database of National Football League player Arrests & Charges," the site says.

Players get arrested for a variety of crimes: drunk driving, drug offenses, domestic violence, assault and battery, gun violations, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, theft, burglary, rape and even murder.

The NFL virtually embraces players who abuse women. Take this report in the Chicago Tribune: "In the first round [of the 2017 draft], the Oakland Raiders drafted Gareon Conley, who has been accused of rape. In the second round, the Cincinnati Bengals selected Joe Mixon, who in a much-viewed video punches a woman so hard that she falls down unconscious. In the sixth round, the Cleveland Browns selected Caleb Brantley, who was accused of doing pretty much what Mixon did."

The top team — at least in arrests — is, weirdly, the Minnesota Vikings, according to NFL arrest.com. Rounding out the Top 5: Denver, Cincinnati, Tennessee and Jacksonville.

By year, 2006 was a doozy: 71 arrests of NFL players. 2013 had 62 arrests, while last year was the lowest in the data base at just 28 arrests. This year, 2017, the players are setting a torrid pace:
1. Assault and battery - 7
2. Drugs - 6
3. DUI - 5
4. Domestic violence - 5
5. Disorderly conduct - 4
6. Resisting arrest - 2
7. Guns - 1
8. License/traffic - 1
9. Other - 1
That makes 32 arrests — and we're only in Week 3.

The top crimes are:
1. DUI - 218
2. Drugs -100
3. Domestic violence - 98
4. Assault - 74
5. Disorderly conduct - 44
The most arrests: Adam Jones, with 10. Jones has played for both Tennessee and Cincinnati, and he's been accused of poking a hotel worker in the eye, punching a woman, spitting in a woman's face at a nightclub, and was "charged with felony coercion in connection to strip club shooting that paralyzed a man" (take a look at all his arrests here).

The top positions of those arrested:
1. Wide receiver - 140
2. Linebacker - 119
3. Cornerback - 116
4. Running back - 99
5. Defensive tackle - 80
So, maybe — just maybe — NFL players aren't the best ones to be preaching to America about the perils of police brutality.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.