Thread: Congratulations
View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2021, 04:14 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrune56 View Post
both back to back? is there an immediate boost to your vision?
Yes, I had my right eye done Tuesday, vision in that was very good by the end of the day. Then I had the left done Wednesday, with vision in it very good by day's end as well...tho not quite as good.

Now, I didn't pay extra for multifocal lenses, I got the monofocal that Medicare covers. There, they ask ahead of time if you'd prefer better far distance or near distance lenses and there's a basic enhancement to your vision by which you choose. I spend a lot of time on a computer, so I chose near.

If a guy didn't need bifocals, he wouldn't even need glasses after surgery since it's basically lasik. OR, if a guy chose multifocal lenses (for an extra 4k/eye).

In my case, I had a muscle nerve issue years ago that left me slightly crosseyed (slight, you'd never know to look at me), so I wouldn't be able to eliminate glasses anyway. I need prismed lenses and that can't be done surgically.

So yeah, each eye currently sees better than they've seen in 20 years....a lot of people don't realize cataract surgery means they actually remove the lens and replace it with an artificual one. But, I will still have a month of weird because I have to wait weeks for things to settle in before I can order new glasses. So, I bought a pair of readers for screen time and will wear an eye patch some of the time so I don't get headaches from the crosseyed thing........because every pair of glasses I have is too strong to be used right now.

It was weird...your eye is numbed and they give you sedation, but you're not under. I was actually talking about beer with my surgeon while he worked.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.