View Single Post
Unread 23 Mar 2020, 04:54 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
pelosi/schumer=douchebags of the very worst kind.

2nd day in a row the left blocked the aid package to get $$$$ in the hands of so many people needing the help. Know why? Because they want 3 things added to the bill:

1) Unprecedented collective bargaining powers for unions
2) Increased fuel emissions standards for airlines
3) Expansion of wind and solar tax credits

What in the actual F do those things have to do with the unprecedented need our citizens are experiencing?

I absolutely HATE these disgraceful douchebags....may they all rot in hell....SOON!

Bet you won't read that story at "wired".
IMO the above is Fox News BS.
What I have heard is the bill contains billions for corporations with no restraint on how they spend it. The changes being discussed is to insure all monies go to employee wages and benefits and consumer protections. Trump has said multiple times he doesn't want any going to stock buy backs, but there is nothing in the senate bill to prevent that. The 2008 bailout also did not contain actually how corps could spend the money and CEO's eventually received millions in bonuses and profits from rising stock prices due to buybacks.
Also the current bill doesn't address the self-employed and they are not eligible for unemployment compensation. Dissenters are pushing to add them in. I don't understand why the bailout needs to be so political. People out of work by stay at home order need money NOW. Give it to them! Next week, next month, whenever, bailout out the corporations!

BTW, politically I have been an independent for 50 years.

Jockstocks Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Jockstocks Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the forums.jockstocks.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The forums.jockstocks.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.