Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 14 Jan 2008, 06:22 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default Will we never learn?

OK for the record (and to avoid unnecessary partisan bickering) this is a slam on both the White House for even thinking about it, and the Congress for not trying to block it.

Tell me, how many times must we sell weapons and technology to nations who have proven records of anti-democracy, anti-rights, and anti-western tendencies and have said weapons turned on us before we learn???

This is ridiculous but at least it shows stupidity isn't exclusive to any one side of an aisle or town.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 12:28 AM
GM

Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country. Part of the reason I know this is because Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.

Now the president just a few days ago visited a Jewish country [Israel] in hopes of brokering peace there and now the president wants to give sophisticated weapons to the other side now?

I am also trying to remember what political party loves to run around and say they run the congress. Because the congress could squash this deal in a second if it really wanted to.

This is a great story of why Washington need some serious changes latter on this year.

If Washington ever wanted to show it had some common sense this would be the very issue to show that they do have at least a shred of common sense.

See this is also a good example of me not mincing words when it comes to Washington and I can't wait for the spin machines to try to convince us why this such a good deal for all of the parties involved in the first place.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.