Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 12 May 2007, 10:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Referees are making a joke of this series

Not trying to sound like a homer but....on one end...ticky tack...the other gang rape and NADA. It is almost laughable. Amare in foul trouble the whole game. Nash can't get a call after a terrible first half. Every replay will show flesh being altered but no call. It has to be frustrating to get chipped on every posession with no call. Then come down on defense and Parker, Ginobili and Duncan lowering a shoulder and flopping around like a fish outta water.
Unread 12 May 2007, 11:59 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Not trying to sound like a homer but....on one end...ticky tack...the other gang rape and NADA. It is almost laughable. Amare in foul trouble the whole game. Nash can't get a call after a terrible first half. Every replay will show flesh being altered but no call. It has to be frustrating to get chipped on every posession with no call. Then come down on defense and Parker, Ginobili and Duncan lowering a shoulder and flopping around like a fish outta water.
And what would you say if you were trying to sound like a homer...
Unread 13 May 2007, 12:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Homer: The only reason the Suns lost were bad calls. I mean they shoulda won by 20. Duncan and Ginobili got lucky.

I gotta give credit to Ginobili for gettin it goin. He had a gutty performance after the inadvertant poke in the eye. Duncan is sick. Makes every shot almost. Him and that backboard need to get a room. Spurs are playing real chippy and gettin all the calls it seems. Advantage of 29-18 in FTs. 11 points would be nice in a 7 point game. Ginobili was the difference IMO. 3rd qtr.
Unread 14 May 2007, 08:52 AM
Hall of Famer

BOWEN's knee under review, hope they tone down the abuse.
Unread 14 May 2007, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Watchin game 3 again....I am sick to my stomach. watched 3 consecutive trips down the floor and after contact Oberto would make a flailing motion and groan as if he were shot by a gun. Finally the 3rd time was a charm and Amare got hit with #4. F'ing unbelievable. I know Pop is too good to ask his player to do this. But with Parke and Ginobilli mastering the flop Oberto made it too obvious his intent was to get Amare's 4th. I call
Unread 15 May 2007, 06:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Very good article

http://wisinsider.blogspot.com/2007/...-whistles.html
Unread 16 May 2007, 03:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Now the league is also making a joke out of the league. So much for a better image. Reward the thug love. Stu Jackson is really Tupac.
Unread 16 May 2007, 05:30 PM
All Pro

Troy do you ever stop. Why do post about YOUR TEAM being a victim. Its getting really old. How much of the Sun games did you watch through out the season? And be honest. I want to know. You cant tell me if you had watched all the games or atleast 50% of the games this stuff never went on. Do you only think this happens to your team??? No it happens to everyyyy team out there. Do you think your teammates never take a flop just to try and get a call. The NBA has there Thug image due to the Indiana incident. Not cause people take flops. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!!
Unread 16 May 2007, 07:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Well Iz #1 I kept postin in here until someone responded LOL. #2 I am a bitter loyal fan. #3 I have watched approx. 80 of 82 reg season games and 9 of 9 post season games. I have TIVO and would say I saw all 82 but I know I missed a few due to forgetting to record or the time my TIVO died.

Who wouldn't want to watch eery Suns game. Very entertaining team. Im not saying that just because I am a native. Love their style. We have been tryin to win since '76 and Gar Heard's shot around the world. From Sweet D Walter Davis to Dan Majerle I have always had my favorite on ea squad. Bet you'll never guess who my favorite is on this team...I am wearing his authentic jersey right now. Noooo not Nash...too easy. I have to root for the meat and potatoes of the team. The glue that holds 'em together. Guess?

..... #31
The MAtrix
Shawwwwwwn Marrrrion
Am I a fan LOL. For 31 years. Same year I picked up all my teams. Ironically '76-77 Reds, Cowboys, and Suns were all in the Championship that year. Ok I was a bandwagoner early on when I just started to root. Of course I pull for the local squads that came around in the meantime. DBacks came 90's and Cardinals football arrived over a decade earlier. Root for ASU and not U of A. Went there duh. Am a Coyotes fan and hate the Red Wings. Now ya know.
Unread 16 May 2007, 09:07 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
...and hate the Red Wings.
Unread 16 May 2007, 09:21 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

ok so i'm about to show my stupidity. but does that logo represent the auto industry? i'm asking because it looks like a car tire with red wings coming off it. and since detroit is the motor city it seemed to make sense to me. or am i just reading far too much into the logo?

remember, i'm not what one would call a hard-core (or even passive) nhl fan so if it seems like a completely ignorant question, it likely is.
Unread 16 May 2007, 09:35 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
ok so i'm about to show my stupidity. but does that logo represent the auto industry? i'm asking because it looks like a car tire with red wings coming off it. and since detroit is the motor city it seemed to make sense to me. or am i just reading far too much into the logo?

remember, i'm not what one would call a hard-core (or even passive) nhl fan so if it seems like a completely ignorant question, it likely is.
yes kind of....from wikipedia:

"Meanwhile, a rival league had sprouted up as the American Hockey Association became the AHL and declared itself a major league.

NHL president Frank Calder sought a way to extinguish this league, and convinced the other owners of the NHL to let grain merchant James E. Norris, owner of the AHL's Chicago Shamrocks, buy the struggling Falcons. Norris bought the team in the summer of 1932 and merged it with his Shamrocks.
Norris' first act was to choose a new name--the Red Wings. Earlier in the century, Norris had played on one of hockey's early powers, the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association, nicknamed the "Winged Wheelers." Because of the team’s location in Detroit, the Motor City, Norris transformed the MAAA logo into the first version of the Red Wings logo as we know it today."

Unread 16 May 2007, 11:30 PM
All Pro

Troy. I notice you didnt respond to anything else that I said in the post. Why is that???
Unread 17 May 2007, 12:07 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
Troy. I notice you didnt respond to anything else that I said in the post. Why is that???
Because you have proved him wrong. You've take the other side. Anytime that happens he runs away from the argument and resorts to name calling or something else.
Unread 17 May 2007, 12:22 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

i'll say this much, troy was right these officials are horrible. nash has walked at least a dozen times in the third period and gotten away with all of them. thomas is throwing elbows the whole game and hasn't been called. clearly the officials feel sorry for the suns as they're obviously doing everything they can to let pheonix win.

i agree troy a major joke