Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 01 Dec 2007, 10:54 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default This is freaking nuts

I mean come on this season has been freaking crazy. When have we ever seen so many 1's and 2's lose week in and week out? I don't think anyone would have called this pitt/wv game.

assuming Missouri doesn't come back, it should be VA Tech and UGA in the championship game (although Kansas has a strong arguement) but we know that won't happen as the tv planners won't allow it.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan

Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:12 PM
Coach

Georgia? Kansas? We're down to teams that cant even win their conference in the discussion to win a national title?

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time

Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:19 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
Georgia? Kansas? We're down to teams that cant even win their conference to win a national title?
that's because the conference champs either suck (for sake of peace I'll leave the names out you know who they are), have too many "bad" losses (e.g., LSU) or have too soft records (WAC, Big 10, etc.)

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:22 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

ESPN is saying their guru is calling it - Ohio State vs LSU

www.fairtax.org

Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:22 PM
Antagonist.

IMO LSU-USC would be the best game.
Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:43 PM
Head Coach

No way will it be anything more than a 13th game.
Calling it a National Championship is
Play the bowls, no one more important than another, look at the final season records, scores and schedules (Ohio St and Kansas won't like the latter) and vote.
Ohio State is in, but no more deserving than Georgia, LSU, and USC.
Unread 01 Dec 2007, 11:50 PM
All Pro

I say you put the only undefeated team in there and see what there made of.
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 12:07 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
Well, lets see if they even make past tonight... They are down 14-0 now...

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 12:40 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
If you did that you would have to match them against the other undefeated team, II-A Northern Iowa since their schedules are comparable.
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 12:42 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

But anyways... I'm going to be a tad biased here but I'll give my input here....

Ohio State - Lost to Illinois - Key Wins - @ Washington, @ Purdue, @ Penn St, @ Michigan

Oklahoma - Lost to Colorado, Texas Tech - Key Wins - @ Texas, Missouri X2

USC - Lost to Stanford, Oregon - Key Wins - @ Nebraska, @ Washington - @ Cal, @ Arizona State

Georgia - Lost to South Carolina, Tennessee - Key Wins - @ Alabama, Flordia, Auburn, Kentucky

Virginia Tech - Lost to LSU, Boston College - Key Wins - @ Clemson, @ Virginia, @ Boston College

Kansas - Lost to Missouri - Key Wins - @ Kansas State,

Missouri - Lost to Oklahoma X 2 - Key Wins - @ Illinois, Texas Tech, @ Kansas State, @ Kansas

West Virginia - Lost to South Florida, Pittsburgh - Key Wins - @ Rutgers, @ Cincinnati, Connecticut

LSU - Lost to Kentucky, Arkansas - Key Wins - Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Florida, Auburn, @ Alabama, Tennessee

Flordia - Lost to Auburn, LSU, Georgia - Key Wins - Tennessee, @ Kentucky

-------

So lets read into this...

LSU should be in hands down... both their losses are from 3OT games.. They beat 6 ranked teams this year... They lost @ Kentucky and with McFadden running the ball....

So, you have 1 team... Who is number 2?

Oklahoma - They lost to 2 unranked teams this year... Beat # 1 team in the last week of the season. IMO - The win against Missouri doesn't do enough to justify the 2 losses.

USC - Lost to a horrible Stanford team. And a ranked Oregon team... - THey are playing extreamly well...

Georgia - They didn't even win the SEC, are they that good? Wins against Alabama, Flordia, Auburn and Kentucky help, but they were all at home but the Bama win.

V. Tech - Lost to the best team in the nation and a good BC team - They turned around beat BC later in the year kinda evens stuff out.

Kansas - Weak Schdule, and only beat 1 decent team in K. State.

Missouri - Lost to Oklahoma two times, had big wins at Illinois and Kansas.

W. Va - Horrible loss against Pitt and S. Flordia. Decent wins at Rutgers and Cincinnati.

Ohio State - Lost to Illnois - had 4 key wins on the road...

LSU will/should play USC....

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

Brought Sexy Back

Unread 02 Dec 2007, 12:55 AM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post

LSU will/should play USC....

LSU I can buy, USC no way they shouldn't get anything but a possible rose bowl.

If LSU is going to be rewarded for their 2 losses then they better wind up playing VA Tech.

Unread 02 Dec 2007, 01:09 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
LSU I can buy, USC no way they shouldn't get anything but a possible rose bowl.

If LSU is going to be rewarded for their 2 losses then they better wind up playing VA Tech.
Its very tough to say who LSU should play... IMO every team besides Flordia belongs in the final game...

I can see Va. Tech... But I can see USC, Oklahoma taking the bid also...

I'd love the Buckeyes to play USC at the Rose Bowl or for the National Champ game...

Guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 02:02 AM
Hall of Famer

No offense but take the wood to OSU whomever they play. Give up anywhere up to 13 1/2 points and bet the rent.
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 05:00 AM
GO STEELERS!

All of this is stupid...we wouldn't be having this argument if they'd just play a stupid playoff like they've wanted to. Anyone else think this will help make a case for them to start it next year?
Unread 02 Dec 2007, 08:08 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

If this season doesn't have them SERIOUSLY thinking playoff....and NOT the 'plus 1' thing they've talked about...no season will....

7 #2 teams have lost to unranked teams this year?! Bizarre enough in itself.

Who WILL play? Well....if you took the top 2 1 loss teams it'd be Ohio State and Kansas. If you went by current BCS standings it'd be Ohio State Georgia. If the computers see VaTech's win yesterday as enough it could vault them in there.

If they put LSU in there, they basically say their computers have been wrong because, from where they are right now, no way they should jump to #2.

And yes, if you went with the undefeateds it'd be Hawaii vs UNI. Now our deltamaster might enjoy that....but it ain't gonna happen.

If you went with who many believe ARE the top 2 teams, it'd be LSU vs USC. I know many of you don't have USC up there but how many of you realize that their loss to Stanford also involved a few key players being injured/unavailable. And now their loss to Oregon hurts them even more because of how the Ducks' season has turned out (which is another bogus part of the system....why should YOUR season get dinged just because someone else's season tanks AFTER you play them?!)

........it's a mess......