Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 18 Feb 2008, 04:37 AM
GO STEELERS!

Default Kidd is a Mav, but big winner is...

Keith Van Horn???? The guy hasn't played the last 1 1/2 seasons, but will get a contract, and likely won't play for the Nets. Must suck being a professional athlete.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7811348?MSNHPHMA
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 07:50 AM
Coach

Yeah these deals are getting stupid. I mean ROBBERY. We are the only team to give up a multiple all-star. Everyone else gives up a bag of bones.

What does NJ, Memphis, and others get in these one sided deals?

The last deal for Kidd was dumb but they got a lil something. Now they are unretiring fools and adding a couple no names?

On another note...no pun intended. Why "Oh Canada"? I mean 1 team barely from the Northern province and they get a song? Why not the Chinese national anthem for the millions of votes for Yao and McGrady? (Biggest sham in the history of voting) Is it just me or is Yao the most overrated person in all of sports? He looks lost out there with good players. To me I'd rather see the new Will Farrell movie than Yao.

The all-star game reminded me of the NBA a few years back where it was all dunks and 3's with shotty Defense. LeBron MVP again?? Boo
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 07:52 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
On another note...no pun intended. Why "Oh Canada"? I mean 1 team barely from the Northern province and they get a song? Why not the Chinese national anthem for the millions of votes for Yao and McGrady? (Biggest sham in the history of voting) Is
Just when I think you've turned the corner back you go
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 07:58 AM

Troy....you've just insulted thousands and thousands of Raptor fans...why on earth do you post things like that? Do our Canadian brothers and sisters say that when they play our National Anthem at NHL games in Canada? I think not.

The Suns are NOT the only team to give up an all-star...there have been more this year alone....and MANY more previous to this year.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 11:24 AM
alive

That's strike one Nancy

And it's O Canada

And the word is shoddy
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 12:48 PM
All Pro

Last I checked Troy. Centers dont control the ball. And the NBA allstar game is a joke. There is no defense period. So personaly having a Center in the allstar game shouldnt even matter.

Mings Numbers this year

.FG%..FT%..PTS.REB.AST.ST.BLK
.508 .848 0 1132 551 122 24 108

Stoudamire
.591 .783 4 1162 465 57 41 115

Now the last time I checked who was Yao's PG??? Is it McGrady that is always injured and they have to go to Alston??? Or is it Sura that is always injured. Bet you money that if they swapped teams Yao would be blowing Stoudamire away. And by the numbers. Yao is better anyways.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 01:34 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Not really worth responding to, but I can't help it...

I think maybe I'll suggest that the next time the Atlanta Thrashers come up to Vancouver, that they don't play the US anthem. After all, there are only two American players on that team and they're little known players at that.

Do they really deserve a song?
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 01:44 PM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post

I think maybe I'll suggest that the next time the Atlanta Thrashers come up to Vancouver, that they don't play the US anthem. After all, there are only two American players on that team and they're little known players at that.

is this Troy's Sister?
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 02:15 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post

not sure about deserving a song, but i've always said that i don't think a city whose residents only see ice when it's in their drinks deserves a professional hockey team.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepconn View Post
is this Troy's Sister?
Kevin....Islandgirl is resident of Canada and is NOT happy with Troy's comment.......
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 04:49 PM
Coach

Well I guess I shouldn't post when drunk or tired. Hey I like the O Canada song. I think it is great in Hockey where there are several teams. Have you seen an NHL game live or in the playoffs. Fans sing the song out loud. Truly one of the coolest things ever. Canadians are very passionate fans and I can't say word one about the nation to our north. They have no crime (Unless someone from Detroit crosses) and they have decent healthcare. All I was stating was it seems silly to have a whole song for 1 team. I'm sure Chris Bosh felt at home when he heard it but...after Vancouver lost it's franchise we are down to one team. Also if the Coyotes are playing in Calgary they should play O Canada. Kind of a home Ice advantage. I guess what I'm saying is if it is played in Toronto it is fine. But just play O Canada. No need for both. All I'm saying people.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 05:02 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
Well I guess I shouldn't post when drunk or tired. Hey I like the O Canada song. I think it is great in Hockey where there are several teams. Have you seen an NHL game live or in the playoffs. Fans sing the song out loud. Truly one of the coolest things ever. Canadians are very passionate fans and I can't say word one about the nation to our north. They have no crime (Unless someone from Detroit crosses) and they have decent healthcare. All I was stating was it seems silly to have a whole song for 1 team. I'm sure Chris Bosh felt at home when he heard it but...after Vancouver lost it's franchise we are down to one team. Also if the Coyotes are playing in Calgary they should play O Canada. Kind of a home Ice advantage. I guess what I'm saying is if it is played in Toronto it is fine. But just play O Canada. No need for both. All I'm saying people.
Are you still drunk or tired or both.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 06:39 PM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Kevin....Islandgirl is resident of Canada and is NOT happy with Troy's comment.......
well rich im a resident of the usa and i dont appreciate her comment,if she got beef with troy then let her take it out on troy, not the usa....
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 06:58 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepconn View Post
well rich im a resident of the USA and i dont appreciate her comment,if she got beef with troy then let her take it out on troy, not the USA....
I think you're missing her point. She's not saying don't play the Star Spangled Banner. She's asking Troy how he would feel about it.
(BTW I fixed your original message)
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 07:14 PM
Coach

I honestly don't think the star spangled banner should be played in Canada. Makes no sense to me. But hey I am the least politically correct person here. I have Barkley disease. A disease that affects the brain, mouth and lips. Sometimes I can't control what comes out. A cross between tyrettes and Charles Barkley.