Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
Even Joe knew about it all.
Did I miss a press release re: Joe?

Nick
Unread 07 Nov 2011, 04:51 PM

everything I've read says he knew nothing. You have a source?
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 07 Nov 2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
All I saw was that he knew there was an incident but didn't know details. And referred the 'source' to the University Administration.

Nick
Unread 07 Nov 2011, 06:10 PM
All Pro

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...al/?xid=cnnbin

I find it hard to believe that "the Man", the head honcho of this mighty football program didn't no more than what is being led on.

There is much talk on sports radio about this and none of it's good for Joe. To me it's obvious that this story will get worse and worse as we find out more.

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/

Unread 07 Nov 2011, 08:15 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Chicago Tribune said Joe reported the incident to a higher up at Penn State.
Unread 07 Nov 2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Chicago Tribune said Joe reported the incident to a higher up at Penn State.
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 12:04 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
An exerpt from the article:
According to officials, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a locker room shower in 2002. The assistant reported what he saw to Paterno, who told Curley, prosecutors said.
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 12:11 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)
Default Paterno Should Resign Immediately

I read an article last night that contained a link to the report issued by the Grand Jury ( http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf ). The report is sickening and damning. Sandusky's alleged abuse of at least 8 boys, as young as 10 to 12 years old is disgusting. Everyone involved, from the grad assistant (who later became a PSU assistant coach) that saw Sandusky raping a boy in the PSU football locker room showers in 2002, to Joe Paterno, the AD, and School President should resign in shame. Paterno claims he was not told the details. Come on! How could he not demand the details? How could he not do something about it? Nobody contacted the police. Nobody contacted Child Protective Services. Nobody beat the crap out of Sandusky. Heck, all they did was tell Sandusky not to bring any more boys into the facilities!

To add insult to the whole stinking situation, the slimy lawyers are lined up to get the accused and the school off: Schultz's lawyer said his client was not among those required by law to report suspected abuse. He also argued that the two-year statute of limitations on the summary offense has expired. Spanier, Penn State's president, called the allegations ''troubling'' but predicted the school officials would be exonerated.

The allegations are not “troubling” – they are shocking, horrifying, sickening. What is troubling is that nobody at PSU did a thing to report what was obviously criminal conduct. It took six years and at least seven additional victims before a HIGH SCHOOL football coach caught Sandusky officially report and put an end to Sandusky’s criminal activities. Isn’t it interesting that the report was released a week after PSU got Joe his record? And now they are circling the wagons to protect Joe Paterno’s legacy. Sorry, Joe. This is your legacy. You should resign immediately.
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 12:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

By most media accounts, Paterno and other Penn State athletic administrators were aware of a child abuse incident occurring on their campus and didn't even report it to the police...reminds me of the catholic church...
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 10:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
I read an article last night that contained a link to the report issued by the Grand Jury ( http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf ). The report is sickening and damning. Sandusky's alleged abuse of at least 8 boys, as young as 10 to 12 years old is disgusting. Everyone involved, from the grad assistant (who later became a PSU assistant coach) that saw Sandusky raping a boy in the PSU football locker room showers in 2002, to Joe Paterno, the AD, and School President should resign in shame. Paterno claims he was not told the details. Come on! How could he not demand the details? How could he not do something about it? Nobody contacted the police. Nobody contacted Child Protective Services. Nobody beat the crap out of Sandusky. Heck, all they did was tell Sandusky not to bring any more boys into the facilities!

To add insult to the whole stinking situation, the slimy lawyers are lined up to get the accused and the school off: Schultz's lawyer said his client was not among those required by law to report suspected abuse. He also argued that the two-year statute of limitations on the summary offense has expired. Spanier, Penn State's president, called the allegations ''troubling'' but predicted the school officials would be exonerated.

The allegations are not “troubling” – they are shocking, horrifying, sickening. What is troubling is that nobody at PSU did a thing to report what was obviously criminal conduct. It took six years and at least seven additional victims before a HIGH SCHOOL football coach caught Sandusky officially report and put an end to Sandusky’s criminal activities. Isn’t it interesting that the report was released a week after PSU got Joe his record? And now they are circling the wagons to protect Joe Paterno’s legacy. Sorry, Joe. This is your legacy. You should resign immediately.

excellent post.

I was a fan of Joe Paterno, always had been. He dropped the ball on this one big time, he didn't want his name attached to it or whatever, but he failed to do what he should have done, plain and simple.

I agree that he should resign immediately. I heard on the radio that the Attorney general wanted to go after Joe, but his tracks were covered perfectly and they can't go after him. C'mon, the coach of a big time football program knows everything that is going on, he then chooses to put the hammer down on some things, stay clear of other things or just play dumb. Some people don't want him to step down saying he didn't know, it does not directly affect the football team , etc....... It's true that no matters what comes to light, the football program will never be put on probation for this and I don't think they should be. Fact is that already some potential Penn State football recruits are staying clear of Penn State. That is another reason besides the obvious reasons why Penn State has to clean house and get all new coaches, AD, President etc...

I also heard that someone in the media thought that the university was trying to obtain public funding for stadium renovations during the same time frame that this happened. I have n idea if this is true, but it should more light on why there was this awful mishandling of this.

Unread 08 Nov 2011, 10:55 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)
Default A Good Article

Foxsports has a well written story that questions the PSU administration and everyone involved. The article includes an inset, online poll asking if Joe Paterno should step down in light of the scandal. Resutls, after more than 30,000 votes are 62% Yes, 19% No, 19% Wait and see. It is an unscientific poll, but pretty telling in the results.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...scandal-110711
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 10:57 AM

I agree that Joe needs to retire. He's old, health not great, new administration obviously coming in... I'm sure he'd be going anyway.

He did right in reporting that 2002 incident to his bosses...but did wrong in not persuing it when he saw nothing done. What a shame that such an illustrious career has to go down the tubes like this.
Unread 08 Nov 2011, 01:33 PM
All Pro

I just heard that is exit strategy for Joe is being worked on right now. Rich, nice way to agree on him stepping down, by listing other reasons. I don't feel you would be agreeing if this was 20 years ago. IMO Yeah, he did one small right thing by reporting it, but everything else he did not do has been woefully wrong. Sandusky was even seen working out in the penn state football gym just last week, just to give you an idea how everyone including Joe has turned a blind eye.

I agree that it will be shame that Joe's legacy will be turning a blind eye to a child molester. He knew what happened, took one small step to deal with it, continued to go along day by day as Sandusky was never dealt with properly. It's a shame!

exit strategy: If Penn State wants to make a statement they should fire them all, not let anyone resign. IMO

Unread 08 Nov 2011, 02:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
The two sources told the Times that talks among top university officials about how to handle Paterno's departure have begun and indications are the 84-year-old coach will leave within weeks. However, the school's brass has not decided on the timing of his exit, the Times reports.
Full story here.

What I find even more incredulous is that Penn State officials still associated and worked with a person they knew was a pedophile...that is almost a facilitation, imo. I'm sorry, if anyone I knew was abusing children, there is no way we would associate ever again...ever.