Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 18 Apr 2008, 08:33 PM
GM

Default Nba Mvp?

I have no clue who it should be so others should discuss it among themselves.

I would someone from the Celtics but that could be way off because I very rarely even give the NBA a glance anymore.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 18 Apr 2008, 09:04 PM
Antagonist.

IMO Garnett is the MVP not necessarily the best player with the best stats. He totally changed the attitude of the franchise. Strong cases can also be made for Chris Paul and Kobe.
Unread 18 Apr 2008, 09:08 PM

Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Manu Ginobly
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett

Yes there are other candidates, but IMHO, these are the top 5
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 18 Apr 2008, 11:37 PM
All Pro

With the least amount of talent to record. My vote goes to Cp3. Hands down. Cp3 led his team to over 50 wins and averaged over 20pts and 10 assists per game. Which hasnt been done very often.
Unread 18 Apr 2008, 11:55 PM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Kobe gets the award. The award is for most valubale PLAYER not best team contribution. Take Lebron James Manu Ginobly Chris Paul or Kevin Garnett off there team and they could still make the playoffs. The lakers without Kobe are as bad as the Heat. Therefor Kobe is the MVP.

P.S. I cant stand Kobe GO CAVS
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 12:51 AM
All Pro

I guess Pau Gasol sucks.
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 04:05 AM
Coach

LOL @ HOrnets making the playoffs without Paul. If you know anything about the game it is all about Chris Paul hands down. Kobe may be the top scorer but is he MVP? No way. New Orleans is lottery bound w/o Paul. He made all-stars out of West and Chandler. He is the closest you will get to Nash in all around play. IMO Kobe and Garnett aren't most valuable to their team. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are not chop liver. Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Sasha, Walton and the rest of the Lakers started to play team ball when Gasol came. Here is my top 5 in order.

1. Chris Paul

2. Kobe, Amare, Garnett
5. Who cares

LeBron? Ginobilli? Rich must be drunk from too much champagne after the Knicks canned Thomas. I'd take Rasheed over LeBron in the East not to mention the big fella in Orlando. Mangu is a 6th man who flops and not close to best on his team. I think Amare has no holes in his game and much more of a candidate then Mangu.
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 04:12 AM
Coach

Gablome scores 19ppg 4 reb 4 asst and shoots in the upper 40%
Amare 25 ppg 9 reb 2 asst blocks and steals shoots 59%

All I know is IT IS ON!!!!!

SUNS...SPURS.....winner wins it ALL ! ! ! ! ! !
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 07:41 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
LOL @ HOrnets making the playoffs without Paul. If you know anything about the game it is all about Chris Paul hands down. Kobe may be the top scorer but is he MVP? No way. New Orleans is lottery bound w/o Paul. He made all-stars out of West and Chandler. He is the closest you will get to Nash in all around play. IMO Kobe and Garnett aren't most valuable to their team. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are not chop liver. Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Sasha, Walton and the rest of the Lakers started to play team ball when Gasol came. Here is my top 5 in order.

1. Chris Paul

2. Kobe, Amare, Garnett
5. Who cares

LeBron? Ginobilli? Rich must be drunk from too much champagne after the Knicks canned Thomas. I'd take Rasheed over LeBron in the East not to mention the big fella in Orlando. Mangu is a 6th man who flops and not close to best on his team. I think Amare has no holes in his game and much more of a candidate then Mangu.
You must be the one thats drunk. Orren why do we have to keep putting up with this idiots drivel and personal attacks?
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:

1. Chris Paul

2. Kobe, Amare, Garnett
5. Who cares

If you were to question the Spurs Coach and teammates...you might be dammed surprised at who THEY think their MVP is. Manu sat out extra games to let his injury heal. Their coach when asked.... "we cannot win without Manu".

Troy....why do you insist on saying that kind of shiznit above....insulting people's intelligence. You'll NEVER learn...I am convinced of that.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 08:26 AM
GM

I would like to thank everyone for their comments.

I am no closer to knowing who should be the MVP though.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Reason: Misspelled a word. I hope that is how it is spelled. :o)
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 11:39 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

My Vote is Kobe.

Gets it done on both sides of the court.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 12:29 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
... Rich must be drunk from too much champagne after the Knicks canned Thomas.
with the above quote removed from Troy's post...and at the risk of being berated...I agree with his assessment of pre-mvp award candidates! His opinion is valid and even posted in the correct forum at the correct time.
Chris Paul should win this years mvp....and no one will be surprised...unless someone else wins.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 12:45 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Kobe wins the award running away not only the best all around player in the league but his presence is instrumental to the success in LA without him they are hard pressed to make the playoffs, with him they're the best team in the west.

Paul, James, Garnett, and Howard all deserve consideration but all fall just short of Kobe.

There may be other names tossed around but those are your five true contenders and the numbers/records all point toward Kobe.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 02:38 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
I would like to thank everyone for their comments.

I am no closer to knowing who should be the MVP though.

Rich no personal attacks. I wasn't implying you don't know anything about the game. At face value Manu is a very accomplished player. I'm sorry but I am in HATE mode right now with the Suns/Spurs series on the horizon. Cut me some slack.