Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 20 May 2007, 09:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Woes of betting....Jeter da man!..Arod..not so much

Ok since I am seeing a Sun night game I decide to take the Over 10 runs due to a rook pitcher and Yankees needing to get it going or be swept. Arod keeps blowin it in clutch situations with men in scoring position. Thank goodness for my man Jeter, Comes through AGAIN!!! He is the heart of this team. Now Mets need to tie it up so I can get this over on track.

Oh almost forgot my point. As much as I dislike ARod I am here cheering for him to get some Ribs. Betting is bad. Makes u do crazy things. Go Arod!
Unread 20 May 2007, 10:07 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I'm lost......haven't you talked about backing off on the ARod/Yankee bashing....so your point of posting this here...is what?
Unread 20 May 2007, 10:32 PM
Hall of Famer

O u dont get it. I bet the over. I just say yeahhhhhh after ARod hit that Solo homer. The irony of the post was betting makes u do crazy things. ergo the rooting for Arod. I mean he did hit it with noone on.
Unread 21 May 2007, 12:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Ok since I am seeing a Sun night game I decide to take the Over 10 runs
Guess you lose.
Unread 21 May 2007, 06:22 AM
JSAdmin

Quote:
O u dont get it. I bet the over. I just say yeahhhhhh after ARod hit that Solo homer. The irony of the post was betting makes u do crazy things. ergo the rooting for Arod. I mean he did hit it with noone on.
I'm not the one not getting it.
The post served what purpose?
I mean, if it was solely to mention that betting makes you do odd things, was it logical to even do so using a subject you know has gotten you in trouble many times?
Unread 21 May 2007, 09:48 AM
1st Round Draft Pick

i totally get what troy means. can anyone here ever imagine me rooting for the cowboys??????? but, if i need them to score points to win my bet, of course i'm gonna root for them to score, so i can gets me money
Unread 21 May 2007, 12:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Prezactly Notre. Also I had DBacks and under w/ ma man UNIT on da mound.
ANother solid start for him w/ 19Ks over the last 11.5 innings. 2 str8 wins with only giving up 1 run over the 2 games. But there I am needing the game to finish under 8 and it was 5-2 and I am clapping when AZ hits into a DBL play. Gambling can be a sick thing. Rooting for ARod and against AZ.
Unread 21 May 2007, 01:02 PM
JSAdmin

yet neither of you got my point......which was and is- why post about that bet here knowing full well the result of past posts on the subject of ARod and the Yankees....and doing so at a time when you've already stirred the pot..
Unread 21 May 2007, 01:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Wolfey doesnt bet LOL. I understand what Notre and I mean and understand why U dont get it O. It is a betting thing. As much as I hat ARod I was lovin him for 3 hours yesterday. But I did lose and will go back to the hate. Now if Notre bashed the Cowboys and then yesterday was on here pulling for Romo to get into the endzone I totally understand. No need for any of the past to come into play. For 1 day he was a fan of the Boys....and that;s ok by me. Only an idiot would try to argue w/ some1 who is rooting for their guy or team...if only for a moment. O put a few bucks agingst your Ducks. (that rhymed) See the evil grow in side U... grahhhahahahahaha. U get it now?
P.S. Hork sitrred it with silly anti-Nash comments he does NOT even believe in. So I jabbed back. No biggie.
Unread 21 May 2007, 01:24 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
yet neither of you got my point......which was and is- why post about that bet here knowing full well the result of past posts on the subject of ARod and the Yankees....and doing so at a time when you've already stirred the pot..
still doesn't get it O.
Unread 21 May 2007, 01:33 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
P.S. Hork sitrred it with silly anti-Nash comments he does NOT even believe in. So I jabbed back. No biggie.
apparently you missed my point too. but that's neither here nor there.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 21 May 2007, 06:10 PM
JSAdmin

yeesh...I have to explain this a 3rd time?

My questioning your post has zero zip zilch nada to do with gambling or absolutely anything related to the mindset, subsets, upsets related to gambling. I can't say it any plainer than this: You specifically have had altercations here on the boards with, among others, Yankee fans. You also have gotten yourself in trouble here with your ARod bashing. Therefore, regardless of the reason for the post, you are the absolute LAST person who should find ANY reason to talk ARod OR the Yankees...especially in this specific timeframe. kapiche'? comprende'?
Unread 21 May 2007, 07:41 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Wow!.... O pulled out the kapiche' card!

www.fairtax.org

Unread 21 May 2007, 08:10 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

the best part of this whole line of is that there's no need for any yankee fan (myself or otherwise) to talk back as ARod himself is making the posts of this type look stupid all on his own. 3 HR in his last 8 AB and leading the bigs in both RBIs and HRs.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 21 May 2007, 09:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Hey well here is more scary news. I bet on 'em again! Actually high fived a NYY fan after ARod's HR. Giambi was even further. Sick but I see this series and the last game against the Mets as the start of an upswing for the Yanks. If you bet and I know some do. Put your money on the Yankees. I believe they are inspired by both the Clemens signing and the gutty performance of their younsters. Last night was a statement game behind the kiddo.