Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 23 Oct 2008, 10:57 PM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Default IPhone vs T-Mobile G1 phone

New Contract incoming and need a phone to do E-mail and web browsing. Comments on eather?
Unread 23 Oct 2008, 11:10 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

there's also the Storm via Verizon coming in mid-November

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 23 Oct 2008, 11:17 PM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
there's also the Storm via Verizon coming in mid-November
Interesting RIM/Blackberry is coming out with a touchscreen. IDK about verizon I havent heard good thing about them both in the Tampa area and the upstate New York area
Unread 24 Oct 2008, 01:05 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanewday View Post
Interesting RIM/Blackberry is coming out with a touchscreen. IDK about verizon I havent heard good thing about them both in the Tampa area and the upstate New York area
Remember though, if you get a blackberry it is on a different network than the regular cell phone network for Verizon.

I'm in Minnesota and have never had any problems with Verizon or with my blackberry that I have through Verizon.

One thing I've heard about the "Storm" is that the touchscreen is actually a clickable touchscreen. I.E. you have to press down hard on the screen to get it to register. Those are just rumors and hearsay from prototypes since the actual blackberry isnt out until early November.

I LOVE my Blackberry Curve. There's also a new Blackbery Bold coming out soon too, the newest regular Blackberry. New OS, etc. I've seen video of it on youtube and it looks sweet, but I'll bet it sells for $300-$400 easily.
Unread 24 Oct 2008, 01:34 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

my contract has been up for months now....I don't even use my phone all that much these days but I'm expecting that could change if I change jobs (if...lol....WHEN)......and around here, there IS only basically Verizon, Sprint, and AllTel. Most of my family is on Verizon and so am I...which means no minutes used for a lot of my calls.

Anyway, the basic phone I've got is giving me problems and I'm eligible for an upgrade.......but just haven't bit the bullet to sign a new contract...yet.

Would it be silly of me to upgrade to a Blackberry even tho I won't be, at least originally, paying for Blackberry service? I mean they don't give you those nice upgrade prices w/o re-upping for another 2 years.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 24 Oct 2008, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
my contract has been up for months now....I don't even use my phone all that much these days but I'm expecting that could change if I change jobs (if...lol....WHEN)......and around here, there IS only basically Verizon, Sprint, and AllTel. Most of my family is on Verizon and so am I...which means no minutes used for a lot of my calls.

Anyway, the basic phone I've got is giving me problems and I'm eligible for an upgrade.......but just haven't bit the bullet to sign a new contract...yet.

Would it be silly of me to upgrade to a Blackberry even tho I won't be, at least originally, paying for Blackberry service? I mean they don't give you those nice upgrade prices w/o re-upping for another 2 years.
I would not get the a BlackBerry if you do not intend to get the data plan.

I have a Generation I BlackBerry [ghetto, but functional] and use it daily for email, as a planner, and to get online [when needed]. As for the phone [calls] themselves, I have had better phones.

Granted, mine is a hand-me-down from a construction jobsite ... so, who knows how many times it has been dropped, stepped on, etc.

Nick