Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 03 Jan 2013, 06:02 PM
alive

Anthony - name's Randy. Pleased to meet ya.

I would agree with you (to keep splits) IF I were allowed to trade them daily. I do like the idea that the stock that performs the best over the years has the highest value. This is not the case under the current system.

Just sticking to golf, for a sec. There are 180 golf stocks, 81 (45%) of which have split. That means that my TV port can really only trade 99 stocks. That's not active at all. I'd love to trade 180!!! This is a stock TRADING game. What kind of trading can you do with 45% of the stocks taken out of the picture. Let me day trade EVERYTHING!

(Caps are not for shouting -- they`re for emphasis )
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 06:14 PM
alive

Orren, name's Randy. Pleased to meet ya.

You've heard me before, but....

Casual player? Good for them, no prob from me. Be as casual as you like, just don't hold back the competitive. Is this grade school? We don't keep score, everyone's a winner? Trophies for participation? C'mon man!! If you don't want to daytrade, then don't expect to stay with the big dawgs!!

Maybe you could have two separate TV leaderboards - those who are here to play and those who declare themselves casual.

Just sayin'
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 08:08 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
Orren, name's Randy. Pleased to meet ya.

You've heard me before, but....

Casual player? Good for them, no prob from me. Be as casual as you like, just don't hold back the competitive. Is this grade school? We don't keep score, everyone's a winner? Trophies for participation? C'mon man!! If you don't want to daytrade, then don't expect to stay with the big dawgs!!

Maybe you could have two separate TV leaderboards - those who are here to play and those who declare themselves casual.

Just sayin'
Whenever this topic comes up I voice a similar opinion.
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 09:30 PM
alive

BTW, soon we'll have 3 sports -- Golf, NASCAR, and NBA. They account for 478 stocks, although 37% of them are splitters.
Unread 03 Jan 2013, 10:00 PM
1st Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Anthony - name's Randy. Pleased to meet ya.

I would agree with you (to keep splits) IF I were allowed to trade them daily. I do like the idea that the stock that performs the best over the years has the highest value. This is not the case under the current system.

Just sticking to golf, for a sec. There are 180 golf stocks, 81 (45%) of which have split. That means that my TV port can really only trade 99 stocks. That's not active at all. I'd love to trade 180!!! This is a stock TRADING game. What kind of trading can you do with 45% of the stocks taken out of the picture. Let me day trade EVERYTHING!

(Caps are not for shouting -- they`re for emphasis )
Much better idea than to sell everyones splits completely. There are some splits that I would hold long term. Some that I'd trade daily. A much better idea here.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 12:05 AM
5th Round Draft Pick

You will never find an answer that everyone is happy with.I think Oren you should make a decision and people will have to live with it.in my opinion splits have ruined the game I hope you find an answer but as of now im done.thier is no one more active then me but no matter what i do i keep losing spots on the tv leader board and the game is no longer fun.Take care all and God bless.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 12:25 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

C'mon man, you're not going anywhere Scott...we'll take a look at what's going on...seems we discovered you weren't holding a lot of splits last we looked.

Anyway, how 'bout we do this for now...boost golf stocks to 100k rather than 50k daytrading as a start and see what we think for January.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 05:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
C'mon man, you're not going anywhere Scott...we'll take a look at what's going on...seems we discovered you weren't holding a lot of splits last we looked.

Anyway, how 'bout we do this for now...boost golf stocks to 100k rather than 50k daytrading as a start and see what we think for January.
That could work, but I wouldn't limit it to just golf. NASCAR and NBA have similar problems with lots of splitters.

Also, I would recommend that reduced Moo be in effect for stocks with 100k trading limits. Otherwise, the prices will skyrocket based on just a few trades.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 04 Jan 2013, 08:12 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I only limited it to golf for the moment as a test...rather than making any adjustment that's harder to reverse. If you guys want, I'll do the same for the NBA...which are the only 2 active sectors with splits this month. That would give us January to decide if that's something we'd like to do or get something else in place. It will still not resolve all the issues with splits, but it'll keep the market more active.....which reminds me, maybe I need to be increasing moo anyway, with no quarterly or yearly ports going.

Moo has been adjusted so that buys and sells over 10k are the same as buys and sells at 10k for years...which is why we can do amnesties 'on the fly' when needed and have had the 50k trading every day for quite awhile.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 08:23 AM
alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
If you guys want, I'll do the same for the NBA...
Exxccceellleenntt!

Brings the 79 NBA splitters back into action.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 08:44 AM

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 12:08 PM
1st Round Draft Pick

need to probably go ahead and do that for all sports.
Unread 04 Jan 2013, 06:59 PM
All Pro

If you're doing this for PGA then by all means include NBA. It would finally make it tradable--Yay!

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 04 Jan 2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Exxccceellleenntt!

Brings the 79 NBA splitters back into action.
and gives you a HELL of an advantage over the rest of us......
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 05 Jan 2013, 12:28 AM
1st Round Draft Pick

Was thinking about this in the shower lol. What if you set it up where:

-Allow day trading up to 100 k for splits.
-Allow players to split up to 1M shares.
-If a player splits again after 1M, then do a sell off of any shares over 1M.
-NO AMNESTIES...It would allow for the more active traders who are paying attention to take advantage of a second split on key producing stocks.

This would allow day trading of splits, but still allow users to hold players long term, who have split more than one time. It would also keep alot more unused money in larger ports invested. Is this a bad idea? IDK, I like it.