Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 20 Aug 2007, 09:42 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

you should hear all the losers down here whining about the whole situation.

according to them if he wasn't a superstar or black he would have walked scott-free. the only reason anyone even cares (law enforcement and league officials i mean) is because he's a black athlete.

ummm yeah right because the color of his skin has exactly what to do with him being a complete jackass....

i have to give bobby petrino credit though, he was quick to point out today on the buck & kinkade show that he didn't draft vick.....lol poor reeves

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 01:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
He will play for the Raiders in 2011
I beg to differ. He'll play for the Yankees in 2011. WOW!!! what a rotation
Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina and Vick

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 03:37 AM
Resident Limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoc22 View Post
I beg to differ. He'll play for the Yankees in 2011. WOW!!! what a rotation
Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina and Vick
I think the BoSox will outbid them, and the rotation will be Clemens, Santana, Vick and Ankiel.
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unread 21 Aug 2007, 08:30 AM
GM

Does anyone know if the State of Virginia is going to go after Vick after the feds do at least with regards to adding more jail time or at the very minimum having a trail?

People tend to somewhat forget that Virginia has been on this case a lot longer than the feds because this was a violation of the law in Virginia.

I would think it would be a great disservice if Virginia does not do anything with regards to Vick. And as of this moment I don't really care if Vick is a model prisoner or not if he needs to also do some more jail time for violating Virginia law then so be it.

One of the reasons this is a federal case in the first place is that at least some of the dogs were carried across state lines. I wonder if this is violations of law in these other places as well and not just in Virginia.

If he just has to pay fines or whatever in Virginia the legal process needs to keep going even after he is released from federal prison.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 11:08 AM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
according to them if he wasn't a superstar or black he would have walked scott-free. the only reason anyone even cares (law enforcement and league officials i mean) is because he's a black athlete.
So I guess we are just supposed to ignore the fact that Vick has violated multiple laws?

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the color of Vick's skin.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 23 Aug 2007, 11:48 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

It looks like Mike might be going away longer than he wants to.
Source: Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights
ESPN.com

Updated: August 23, 2007, 11:23 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Vick Will Not Admit To All ChargesAtlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights, as detailed in his indictment, when he enters a guilty plea in a Richmond, Va., federal court Monday, a source close to the case has told ESPN. Instead, the one count of conspiracy that Vick will plead to will admit guilt to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting.

Vick will admit that he was present when dogs were killed, but will maintain that he did not personally kill any of the dogs.

The allegations of killing dogs and gambling were part of the picture painted by Vick's three co-defendants, all of whom have pleaded guilty.

The source told ESPN that Vick's defense team met with federal attorneys Thursday afternoon to determine the "summary of facts" to which Vick will plead. But the source says Vick maintains that he never killed dogs and never gambled on a dog fight.

Vick, 27, is scheduled to enter his plea agreement Monday and could face up to five years in prison.

Vick's co-defendants said Vick provided virtually all the gambling and operating funds for the Bad Newz Kennels enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

91 comments on "Source: Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights"

Watch Conversations in Real-Time
VICK AGREES TO PLEAD GUILTY

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a deal to plead guilty to federal dogfighting charges, his attorney, Billy Martin, announced Monday.

News
• Vick judge has tough-but-fair reputation
• Marbury's about-face: Vick 'is 100 percent wrong'
• National NAACP head: Vick 'not a victim'
• Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline
• Atlanta NAACP: Vick should be allowed to return
• Falcons come to terms with Vick as 'ex-teammate'
• Vick accepts deal, will plead guilty
• Vick timeline
• Helyar: Even Atlanta turns against Vick
• What they're saying about Vick
• Vick likely to face state charges
• Goodell: Vick not overshadowing season
• Rawlings drops Vick as sponsor
• Vick co-defendant pleads guilty to charges
• Tony Taylor's signed Summary of the Facts
• Tony Taylor's signed plea agreement
• Nike, Reebok give Vick the boot
• Hometown residents stand by Vick
• Falcons had planned to suspend Vick
• Partial transcript of Tuesday news conference
• Commish tells Vick to avoid camp
• Nike suspends release of Vick shoe
• Alleged vicious dogfighting infuriates Sen. Byrd
• Vick indicted
• Read the indictment in full
• Complete federal civil arrest warrant

Analysis
• Bryant: In failing Vick
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 06:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Well I dunno what the deal is. You hear both sides of the coin. Bottom line is killing anything is wrong. Now I have heard people say that hunters who kill dear, boar, etc is the same thing. I understand dog fighting is a sport. The killing is a very UGLY side of the sport. I love dog racing and you always have some idiot kennel owner that kills greyhounds. My take is it is wrong to raise these dogs to be mean and kill other dogs. Having said that I have NO love for pit bulls. It is a breed of dog hat has built for HATE over time. Now the pound holding the repossed dogs are gonna do what? Kill the dogs. Dont really see the justice here. Vick should go to jail. He should miss this season. After about 6 mos for animal cruelty he should be released and allowed to get back to his life after paying his debt. None of us know what it is like to be a poor black kid growing up. What seemed cool and what lifestyle you were around. I am sure Vick was in the wrong company and made some bad descisions. His life is not over. We should forgive and forget.
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 07:59 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Well I dunno what the deal is. You hear both sides of the coin. Bottom line is killing anything is wrong. Now I have heard people say that hunters who kill dear, boar, etc is the same thing. I understand dog fighting is a sport. The killing is a very UGLY side of the sport. I love dog racing and you always have some idiot kennel owner that kills greyhounds. My take is it is wrong to raise these dogs to be mean and kill other dogs. Having said that I have NO love for pit bulls. It is a breed of dog hat has built for HATE over time. Now the pound holding the repossed dogs are gonna do what? Kill the dogs. Dont really see the justice here. Vick should go to jail. He should miss this season. After about 6 mos for animal cruelty he should be released and allowed to get back to his life after paying his debt. None of us know what it is like to be a poor black kid growing up. What seemed cool and what lifestyle you were around. I am sure Vick was in the wrong company and made some bad descisions. His life is not over. We should forgive and forget.
wow....i dont know where to start here.

1) did I just see you say dog fighting was a sport? Sorry for attacking you, but you're an idiot.

2) Don't go blaming it on race. Thats stupid. "None of us know what it is like to be a poor black kid growing up. What seemed cool and what lifestyle you were around" Doesnt make it anymore legal. That would be like telling the judge, "But I grew up in a community that thought robbery was cool and that was the lifestyle." "well ok, son, I understand". No thats bull----.
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 08:26 PM

and they should forgive and forget the gambling aspect of it too? You mnever mentioned how much time he should get for that.........you've already decided that 6 mos was enough for animal cruelty. He was WAY beyond "animal cruelty" and it really scares me that you don';t see that. Then again you must have grown up in an environment that groomed you the way you are....doesn't matter what's right or wrong.

See there...I never said anything that brought race into it...but you seem to oftentimes lean that way........why is that?
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 08:40 PM
GM

Quote:
None of us know what it is like to be a poor black kid growing up.
without getting into whether or not jackass should be given the max by both the judge and the commissioner, i do wonder, how sure are you about the above statement? seems to me just a tad arrogant and egocentric to assume all of the players on this site are middle to upperclass persons not to mention that they're all white......

never mind that I know for a fact that is not the case and that race has squat to do with whether one is a criminal who deserves to be put away or not.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 10:32 PM
Hall of Famer

"I was born a poor black child" - Steve Martin, The Jerk
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 10:47 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I don't care if Vick was born into the poorest family in the world...he has been pampered and wealthy his entire adult life.........MORE than long enough to not have his background be an excuse for not knowing right from wrong. End of story.
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 10:51 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
MORE than long enough to not have his background be an excuse for not knowing right from wrong. End of story.
well apparently he'll have time to figure it out now that his professional life is all but officially over.

Kudos to you Mr. Goodell

Unread 25 Aug 2007, 03:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Well I guess it is easy for you all to sit in judgement a top your pedistil but somehow Marcus and Michael Vick have made very poor choices. It is easy to call them idiots. I prefer to say they were not properly educated on right and wrong. If you are toting guns, drugs, and hangin with guys named peace and justice you are probably in the wrong circle of friends. I grew up the only white kid in a large urban community. All because I chose to. They had a magnet program for computers and Carl Hayden had the top Basketball program in the state. It was my experience that a large number of hispanics had very controlling parents who would beat the crap outta them for messin up. Me and my best friend would stay with his/our nana and she was very strict. Made us wake early every morning wash our faces and rinse our mouths for breakfast. She read us scriptures even though we hardly paid attention. Now mostly all the black friends I had where from broken homes without fathers. Many of them ran wild and got involved in drugs and violent acts. Stealing was almost the way to go. Heck I thought I was a thug for a few years. That culture sucked many young people into it. As far as pit fighting being a sport...It is not one to me and I have never partaken in ---- fighting or dog fighting. I had friends with pits that scared the sh!t outta me. Seeing them tie bike tires and intertubes for them to attack, hang on with their jaws, and train with was very disturbing to me. I said I understand it is a sport. Like I hear it is considered so. I guess it all depends on what you classify as an animal or a pet. Of course cows, pis, and chicken are animals but when you're hungry noone cries foul. No pun intended. These are not loveable Koala Bears. They are angry, hateful, vicsious killing machines that are bred to fight and kill. Now before you claim categories of animals to be eaten and those not. What about Bull fighting? Did you all watch Barbaro? Wow if that horse was not saddled and push to the limit he would be alive. We gettin an inditement for the trainer or owner. Now before you all go crazy and pick this apart it has merit. I must reinterate I do NOT condone any killing of animals. I catch fish and release them. I didnt wanna cook a lobster until my chef friend said they are nothing more than a water bug.

In closing. Vick was WRONG. He should pay. I am ok with 6-12 months in the pokey. After that he should be forgiven and given a 2nd chance. Finally he will receive an education on right and wrong all beit the hard way. Pretty tough for a first offense ending your life as you know it.
Unread 25 Aug 2007, 03:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
I don't care if Vick was born into the poorest family in the world...he has been pampered and wealthy his entire adult life.........MORE than long enough to not have his background be an excuse for not knowing right from wrong. End of story.
He never broke away from his possee.