Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Fantasy Sports Talk > JFCL
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JFCL For JFCL chat specifically

Unread 25 Oct 2009, 12:11 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

i can't set my league to ready tonight, because i'm still too many teams short to give a balanced league

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 01:51 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
i can't set my league to ready tonight, because i'm still too many teams short to give a balanced league
Well I could sign in to create one dummy team...
...not sure how to transfer ownership though!

...is this the norm?
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 06:23 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Quote:

same here.....despite my PM to led and request for any info on reaching storm , neither of them have signed up so i still have just 7 of 9 in as well....

somebody just shoot me an e-mail about 8-12 hours before we're ready to go then....
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 12:00 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

update - led signed up in my division , bringing us to 8 teams in and only storm missing now....

gimme a holler when we're set....
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 07:49 PM
GM

with bballers i've currently got 7 signed up. still missing 3 of the folks who were supposed to be in but since it's high time to get rolling i say to scratch em and remember next year.

so if someone wants to register a dummy team in league 3 (da freak?) that will bring league 3 up to 8 and ready to go.

and you don't have to worry about transferring ownership. you just create it and let it sit. it's main purpose is to balance out depth on the waiver wire across leagues

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 08:00 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:

so if someone wants to register a dummy team in league 3 (da freak?) that will bring league 3 up to 8 and ready to go.
done
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 08:07 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

so...probably not a good idea to import my rankings?
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 06:08 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
with bballers i've currently got 7 signed up. still missing 3 of the folks who were supposed to be in but since it's high time to get rolling i say to scratch em and remember next year.

and you don't have to worry about transferring ownership. you just create it and let it sit. it's main purpose is to balance out depth on the waiver wire across leagues
Do I need to move leagues? After all we went thru to get hockey going, I quit checking bb.
Unread 27 Oct 2009, 07:39 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Do I need to move leagues? After all we went thru to get hockey going, I quit checking bb.
no stay where you are both claude and our league are now at 8. as soon as we hear from bill we'll launch

Unread 28 Oct 2009, 09:50 AM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Quote:
as soon as we hear from bill we'll launch
I set to ready Monday night, didn't know anyone was waiting to hear from me...
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 12:42 PM
GM

k league 3 is set to ready. i've emailed claude and asked him to set his to go too. sorry to those in my league who signed up in time for starting you off at a disadvantage

Unread 29 Oct 2009, 12:17 AM
5th Round Draft Pick

my league's draft was just completed....

since bill set his to ready monday and has both tuesday AND wednesday games counting , i'm thinking we SHOULD do this in both ken's and my divisions :

from the league standings page :

If you wish to run retroactive stats for your league, you must use the retroactive stat tool to change this setting to Yes before Wednesday, Nov 4.
Unread 30 Oct 2009, 04:23 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcjr99 View Post
If you wish to run retroactive stats for your league, you must use the retroactive stat tool to change this setting to Yes before Wednesday, Nov 4.
I am pretty certain I can speak for all by saying, Yes...we wish it!!!
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 09:57 AM
GM

sounds good to me claude, i chose tuesday the 3rd for the date to use for lineups. figure this gives folks time to adjust. do you see a better one?

Unread 31 Oct 2009, 01:38 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
sounds good to me claude, i chose tuesday the 3rd for the date to use for lineups. figure this gives folks time to adjust. do you see a better one?

i didn't know exactly how it worked , but that works for me....i'll go ahead and set mine up today with the 3rd as the retro-date....