Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 02 Jul 2008, 12:22 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

wow i've taken a couple of weeks off the boards (to protect the sanity of the forums) and lo and behold i guess i didn't really miss much huh?

like they say the more things change.........

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 12:22 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
What does that have to do with the actual golf tournament? Its not like this party is on the course. Not only that, but those are not the golfers doing that. Those are guests.

Also, you think the mens side of things are better? What's that tournament at Scottsdale? I've heard that is just one big drunken party AT the course.

Keep digging yourself deeper Troy.
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 12:31 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
wow i've taken a couple of weeks off the boards (to protect the sanity of the forums) and lo and behold i guess i didn't really miss much huh?

like they say the more things change.........
You too can be like Troy.

1. Be quiet for a while, boards are sane. Every once in a while post something that is actually worth reading.
2. Breach a thread with mindless drivel that is offensive.
3. Back track saying you didn't mean to.
4. Insert something way off topic to try and change the subject.
5. You might get called out on it. Just shoot back with a sob story about yourself, your life, how you give money to Orren and J$, etc.
6. Then makes some outrageous bet that you will never follow about you being quiet for blah months and if you win then the other person donates money.
7. Post something before the other person, but still say you won.
8. Start over at step 1.
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 12:43 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Because a lesbian activity has sprung up in California that coincides with one LPGA tournament (not associated with in any way, just happens to occur the same weekend) that means 'scantly' clad women are showing up all over the golf course...but only during LPGA events?

And...because your stereotypical logic reaches weren't met with 'seriousness', we have no sense of humor.

With the clincher being...your original post suggested even more 'outrageous' things go on at LPGA events than at WNBA games......but somehow there was a 'man to man' question in there.

Even Freud would get a headache....but not me 'cause I'll spend no more time on it.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 03:29 PM
Coach

Fair enough. Case closed. I guess maybe it is more the Dinah Shore that gets realy crazy. TPC at Scottsdale was a huge party for about 5 years. Mostly late afternoon to evening (with no golf going on) you had some racey stuff. As of late they have calmed it down including making the ladies adhere to a dress code. Before they could wear anything. I never took my kid to that event BTW. Too much walking for a little one. Anyway thanks for the info.
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. Case closed. I guess maybe it is more the Dinah Shore that gets realy crazy. TPC at Scottsdale was a huge party for about 5 years. Mostly late afternoon to evening (with no golf going on) you had some racey stuff. As of late they have calmed it down including making the ladies adhere to a dress code. Before they could wear anything. I never took my kid to that event BTW. Too much walking for a little one. Anyway thanks for the info.
Case NOT closed...........

No, it is NOT the Dinah Shore that gets crazy. That is a major championship for the LPGA. Do some research before you come here with these outlandish and absurd claims.

TPS at Scottsdale on the (I think 16th hole) is a drunken mess ALL day long..NOT just when there is no golf going on. Again...you have no idea what you're talking about.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 07:08 PM
Coach

it's TPC not TPS. Dont run your mouth about not knowing about stuff when I live here. Not just a drunken mess. Just the hole where the fans get loud on that specific hole. It is ONE HOLE. Of course the big reason people can drink and stay there all day is the fact they put up little private suites. So I guess we can all pick apart every major event but overall it is a good event.
Unread 02 Jul 2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
it's TPC not TPS. Dont run your mouth about not knowing about stuff when I live here. Not just a drunken mess. Just the hole where the fans get loud on that specific hole. It is ONE HOLE. Of course the big reason people can drink and stay there all day is the fact they put up little private suites. So I guess we can all pick apart every major event but overall it is a good event.
lmao...like you never made a typo....

like you never run your mouth about things you know nothing about.....it IS a drunken mess....those drunken idiots make more noise (at the wrong times) than any other event on the PGA tour. Very few of the pros like that hole for that reason. Just because you live there means nothing.....just like your insults about the guys that questioned you about the weather in Arizona.....remember that debacle of a thread? Another case where you put your big mouth in gear with nothing of any value coming out. It's quite hilarious how you defend something like an event "where you live" just because you live there. Your nickname should be "leopard".
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 12:36 AM
Coach

Not at all. I admitted that hole gets a bit crazy but who cares. Why not one hole where they let go. At least the other 17 are pretty mild. Have you listened to a telecast lately? Every shot cameras, you da man, in da hole, EVERY FRICKIN SHOT!!!! Gets old. Golf fans are pretty pathetic in general. A bunch of hacks that can't break 100 at the local track following real golfers around who , let's face it, are not exactly athletes. Game of skill? Yes. Sport? Not really. If hefty, John (takes more shots in the bar than on the course) Daly, and Tiger with one leg can do well then is it really a sport? What does it say when one guy dominates the rest even when injured? I fear we can debate this type of thing for a good while but what's the point. I asked for things to end and die but you said "Oh no, I want drama". Seriously drop it already. Or we can get into billiards, bowling, and darts and why they are not an Olympic event either.
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 12:44 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

oh goodness....here we go.

I'm a golf fan. I guess that makes me pathetic. Thanks for that Troy.

From dictionary.com:
Quote:
sport /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ –noun
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 12:52 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Golf fans are pretty pathetic in general. A bunch of hacks that can't break 100 at the local track following real golfers around who , let's face it, are not exactly athletes.
this coming from the guy who has repeatedly told us how he often he has met and shook hands with phil mickelson while on the greens?????

i'll admit i'm no golf fan myself (and in fact only know the guys i do because of this site) but i do understand that simply because i don't like something doesn't make every person who does a pathetic person or a hack. now i'm not saying i'm a better man, a more socially adept person, or even a more mature guy, i'm just saying......

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 01:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Not at all. I admitted that hole gets a bit crazy but who cares. Why not one hole where they let go. At least the other 17 are pretty mild. Have you listened to a telecast lately? Every shot cameras, you da man, in da hole, EVERY FRICKIN SHOT!!!! Gets old. Golf fans are pretty pathetic in general. A bunch of hacks that can't break 100 at the local track following real golfers around who , let's face it, are not exactly athletes. Game of skill? Yes. Sport? Not really. If hefty, John (takes more shots in the bar than on the course) Daly, and Tiger with one leg can do well then is it really a sport? What does it say when one guy dominates the rest even when injured? I fear we can debate this type of thing for a good while but what's the point. I asked for things to end and die but you said "Oh no, I want drama". Seriously drop it already. Or we can get into billiards, bowling, and darts and why they are not an Olympic event either.

I would just like to know when is enough enough?
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 01:22 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
Hey,

Not sure why, but this one made me chuckle.
I think it'd be weird for those people telling people that they're a hole captain.
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 01:31 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Quote:
I asked for things to end and die but you said "Oh no, I want drama". Seriously drop it already.
Troy, you can't constantly make derogatory or spiteful comments and then just decide the topic has to be dropped once you've had enough. There's a difference between gentle ribbing and actually trying to offend or piss someone off. And apologizing way after the fact doesn't make it alright. At this point in your life, you should be able to figure out what you should or should not say.

If you can't activate the filter between your brain and your mouth, then don't post. Or maybe you're doing it on purpose. If that is the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymy View Post
I would just like to know when is enough enough?
Amen. I try to stay out of these "crap" threads, because by responding we're giving the poster exactly what they're after: attention (as well as sinking to their level). But I truly am getting tired of the constant bs.

Orren, FWIW, I think derogatory comments about race, sexuality and gender need to be addressed by losing posting priviledges. We're in the year 2008, not 1958 and there's a little thing called Human Rights.

<off soapbox>
Unread 03 Jul 2008, 02:20 AM
Coach

I coming from? They are not my thoughts or ideals. It was from a few sources that it gets a bit raunching at LPGA events. I asked if any here had heard or noticed such behavior. I try to get my daughter to places where they play female sports. I do NOT want her to be at a freak show. After seeing pics from Dinah, OTL, HBO, Dionne's first hand account I had hoped for a different take. Noone could do so. They instead came after me like I am the reason for the fanatical fans. Like I said before and I will say again...If it cannot be discussed without attack then we may as well drop it. I already told Big O I am gonna take a bit of a break from the circus here.