Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 09 Feb 2011, 05:20 AM
Coach

This just in. NFL announced the people can now pick which game in the future to go to. Now they can wait for their team to return.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 08:34 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

yeah, there was a guy from up here who was one of the 400. On the local news he was talking about how, for him, part of going to the Super Bowl was getting a break from the winter.....which he didn't get in Dallas and wouldn't get next year in Indy....but would in 2 years in New Orleans.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
This just in. NFL announced the people can now pick which game in the future to go to. Now they can wait for their team to return.
Not only a future game, but hotel and airfare. The kicker is if you take the deal you do not get reimbursed at 3x the face value; it is one or the other.

Still a great offer, IMO.

Nick
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 10:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

I was listening to a radio interview with one of the people that had tickets and was then "displaced" during the Super Bowl...

He was saying how the entire thing was a total debacle. After arriving and finding out his tickets were no good, he was sent to the "Ticket Resolution Center" which had been set up because the stadium was already aware that there would be some ticketing problems due to the seats that weren't there for some ticket holders. He then went on to say that he and about 400 other people were never told what was going on, if they were going to get to see the game or not before being herded into an area where there was a bar and some televisions for them to watch the game. The bartender did give out some free drinks but cut that short stating he was never authorized to do so in the beginning but because of the situation tried to "help out" as best he could. Some time after the game the group was allowed onto the field and giving some gifts.

What this guy said, that stuck with me the most, is that after reading what the NFL did to try and compensate these people many think the NFL did a fantastic job try to "fix" a bad situation. This gentlemen thought the entire situation was handled poorly and his experience was far from being remedied with the NFL's token gestures.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 11:02 AM
JSAdmin

This all could have been largely avoided by following a simple rule- anything out of the ordinary should be thought thru and verified completely before the day of the event...virtually every facility housing any kind of large amount of people tries to follow that...

I can envision easily what happened...and it falls back on Jerry Jones and facility management far more than the NFL or anyone else. The NFL is taking the fall and it's assumed is footing the bill, but the fair thing would be that Jerry foot a significant portion of it.

Before a ticket is ever sold for a seat, the seat should not only exist but be approved. There should be no assumption that it is GOING to be....and certainly not left in the air until the day of the event.

Imagine you're an NFL official. It is finally game day. Your work is basically done and you're just there now, like every other fan, to watch the game. Suddenly there's a text on your phone saying there's a problem to address. You find out there are hundreds of people with tickets to seats that don't exist. You have to make up a plan on the fly, probably finding it difficult to get in contact with the people that would help you make and facilitate the decisions because they, too, are caught off guard and were already settling into game mode.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 11:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Imagine you're an NFL official. It is finally game day. Your work is basically done and you're just there now, like every other fan, to watch the game. Suddenly there's a text on your phone saying there's a problem to address. You find out there are hundreds of people with tickets to seats that don't exist. You have to make up a plan on the fly, probably finding it difficult to get in contact with the people that would help you make and facilitate the decisions because they, too, are caught off guard and were already settling into game mode.
There are many "timelines" regarding this instance and that is why the handling of it is under scrutiny...

There are reports that Cowboys stadium knew that the temporary seating were not up to code nor would they be up to code, at least 72 hours before the game. I know it would have been almost impossible to try and contact the people with the tickets in question, but there was at least 72 hours to prepare a "Plan B". There was a "Ticket Resolution Center" established, but other than holding the title of Ticket Resolution Center, it did little else. It was clear the stadium was aware that there would be some ticketing/seating problems but it is also became very clear that they were unprepared to deal with them even having advance notice...
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 11:39 AM
Coach

Agreed it was handled poorly. But the NFL is throwing out the red carpet for 400 people who clearly went from having the worst seat in the house to VIP treatment. Not only that but 850 others who were moved got MUCH better seats. Now some yahoo in LA is trying to file a class action lawsuit against the league. Jerry Jones said he could deliver. NFL bought it. They are taking the blame but I think it is just as much Jerry's fault as the NFL. But as far as the seats are concerned. I thought they were treated as or close to be Standing room only types. Dont even think they are assigned a seat # just General Admission types. I could be wrong. I will say the league is being VERY fair in light of the situation. Steeler fans made out the most. They perhaps get a do over.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 11:41 AM
Coach

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Cn20 GTmzJtdN

This site shows a picture of the seats. Look ok to me. Smells like someone didnt want the record broken and pulls some sort of sabotage.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:

This site shows a picture of the seats. Look ok to me. Smells like someone didnt want the record broken and pulls some sort of sabotage.
Troy, that photo is inconclusive at best.

What part of the inspection failed? What is below those seats? Both are questions we need to have answered before we can deduce the seats were indeed safe.

Nick
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 12:09 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:

Troy, I'm sure there are things that can't be seen in a picture and rules we're not aware of..........like even what is the maximum distance a seat can be from an aisle, etc etc.....

The point is...if Jerry and stadium officials knew those seats still hadn't received approval by game day, why were they still that unprepared?

Unread 09 Feb 2011, 02:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Issues included removing seats that made pathways in and out of the stands too narrow and questions about the stands' structural integrity.
Quote:
The city of Arlington, the NFL and the Cowboys knew days before Super Bowl Sunday that the installation of about 15,000 temporary seats, which began Jan. 8, was behind schedule.

Contractors were working on the stands, set up in the end zones and along the main concourse, through Sunday afternoon. Until then, city and NFL officials said they had believed they would be finished on time.

But just hours before kickoff, workers with New York-based Seating Solutions walked off the job, leaving approximately 1,200 temporary seats in the west end zone and the north and south main concourses unsafe for fans.
Story here.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
Sounds to me like Jerry should be suing the contractor ...

Nick
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 06:06 PM
Coach

Did a New York stadium hold the record?? LOL j/k. Does New York have a stadium? They both still play in New Jersey right? Weird playing a whole state away. Is it the Lincoln tunnel that connects them? Saw it in Independence Day I believe. Still wanna visit the Big Apple.
Unread 09 Feb 2011, 06:10 PM
Coach

This is interesting.

"Problems were found. They were told to correct them," said Crowson, who said the city had never experienced such safety issues during construction of temporary seating at previous Cowboys Stadium events.