Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Closed Thread
Unread 11 Feb 2008, 09:31 PM

I guess I do not know the definition of a hoochie because I never thought I posted a pic of one.....silly me.

Troy...after all this time I guess I can finally accept the fact that you'll never "get it". MANY more than I have tried to point that out to you. Posting madness about a drunkin stupor and more excuses as to why you're dropping in the rankings interests noone!(most know you're a good player and if you're dropping, there'd probably be a reason-telling us how drunk you got and parking at the porcelin goddess is just a bit arrogant of you to think we need to hear that Not many people here care about how many beers you drank...how much $$ you won or lost....how many sq feet your house is....etc etc. Yes many of of us give a little info about ourselves....many give nothing. Your relentless barrage of personal shiznit like the above is just too freakin' much.

If you feel the need to reveal your baggage to us...do it in another forum that those that care can go there and indulge themselves. I feel safe in saying that the majority of people here would prefer it that way.

Randy has you pegged unequivicably (sp?)

Please take the above as constructive
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 07:42 AM
Coach

Rich. Love ya like a brother. Appreciate the advice. I see where you got the sq foot comment. I seriously was downing myself for taking on a huge responsibility with NO FURNITURE. Then I got my first gas bill. I seriously only air my laundry in case someone has advice to assist me. I have never had my OWN place. Always lived with family. Girlfriend. Parents. Cousin. Etc. Now it is just me, Kat and Taylor every other week. Only thing I ask is when you criticize me maybe mix in a PM so it seems not so harsh. Also if you could not use words like WE or US when addressing me. I understand how you feel so no need to speak for other people other than you.

I will watch what I say so as not to seem as if to brag or seem to make excuses. Can't help the fact I use this forum to bounce ideas off of. The other day I was not thinking clearly and wanted to share my experience(s) with the guys is all. When I discuss OT things I get grief. When I make a comment about steroids or some crap in sports I get accused of bashing specific teams in a specific state. Regardless of the other 5-10 teams I mention I still get accused. Unfortunately noone says anything to anyone else who makes OT comments or calls Dallas the Cowgirls or Phx as hired guns (ridiculous BTW) or me being a scumbag car salesman. I guess I must accept the fact there is a double standard here. There is the in group and the rest of us. I guess I know my place. All I ask is if you do NOT agree with me then leave me be. No need to play sheriff all the time. Try to mix in a positive comment once a month. Then it is not all white noise. Of course now is the opportunity for Relic, Hork, Rich, and Parrot (the in-group(not calling a clique)) to make some witty comment(s) or some psychobabble.

Peace be with you all.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 04:55 PM
Standout

troy i am in no clique what so ever , heck nobody likes me on here... because i started off bad here because i was immature and didnt care about peoples feelings ,because i didnt know anyone , but i have learned that they are alot of people on here that are good people , yes everybody has a opinion,some good, some bad, but does that make them stupid or ignorant? no they just have a different opinion, troy everybody knows that you dont like the yankees and other teams but why bring it back up like you do? you and rich need to take a break from each other, this game is not worth of getting worked up like we have all done here in the past, it is suppose to be fun for all. troy ive calmed down on here and started to act like my real self since i came back from my last suspension and i tell ya i wouldnt dare say the stuff ive said on here to there face .. i think of me as a pretty nice guy, yea i get frustrated when sombody dont think of something the way i see it, but they are not me and i am not them and others have different teams and different thoughts and we should consider that everytime we post.. ive been thru alot here lately guys and it really make you look at things alot different ,we are not guaranteed tommorow guys so be the best you can be and leave others good memories instead of bad ones...
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 04:58 PM
Coach

Kev I'm not giving you my Bud Light! Nice post though!

Unread 12 Feb 2008, 06:46 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepconn View Post
troy i am in no clique what so ever , heck nobody likes me on here... because i started off bad here because i was immature and didnt care about peoples feelings ,because i didnt know anyone , but i have learned that they are alot of people on here that are good people , yes everybody has a opinion,some good, some bad, but does that make them stupid or ignorant? no they just have a different opinion, troy everybody knows that you dont like the yankees and other teams but why bring it back up like you do? you and rich need to take a break from each other, this game is not worth of getting worked up like we have all done here in the past, it is suppose to be fun for all. troy ive calmed down on here and started to act like my real self since i came back from my last suspension and i tell ya i wouldnt dare say the stuff ive said on here to there face .. i think of me as a pretty nice guy, yea i get frustrated when sombody dont think of something the way i see it, but they are not me and i am not them and others have different teams and different thoughts and we should consider that everytime we post.. ive been thru alot here lately guys and it really make you look at things alot different ,we are not guaranteed tommorow guys so be the best you can be and leave others good memories instead of bad ones...
We love you. How's your Troy doing?
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 07:44 PM
Standout

Funny you ask......

Brad Coville/Special to The Gazette
Troy Conn speaks at his home in Stanley.

Brad Coville/Special to The Gazette
Kevin Conn, Troy's father, reflects on his son being assaulted by a man who stands accused of murdering his mother-in-law.

'It's been an unbelieveable journey': Troy Conn recovering well, his life returning to normal

By Adam Linhardt
2008-02-10 18:22:00

STANLEY — Troy Michael Conn still has some pain in his hand.

He does physical therapy once a week, but he expects to have no trouble swimming for the Stanley Sharks this summer and playing baseball next year.

“I’m glad to back at school,” the Stanley Middle School student said. “I went back right after Christmas break. Everybody was really nice and said it was great to have me back. I still get pains though. Sometimes I have to call my Mom to come and get me.”

A T-shirt Troy was wearing Friday didn’t hide the scars on his arms and hand.

“I do physical therapy once a week on my hand and that’s hard sometimes,” Troy said. “All the surgeries.”

But for all the reconstructive surgery done to Troy’s stomach, arms and hand, the 12-year-old is all smiles. The mention of a girl from his school brought a wry grin and smile from his father, Kevin Conn.

“It’s just been an unbelievable journey for us,” his father said. “This little town has been so good to us.”

That journey began the night of Nov. 11. Troy was staying with his grandmother, Carolyn Hamrick Barnette, 54, of the 100 block of East Maine Avenue in Bessemer City.

Gaston County Police say sometime that night or the following morning Kenneth Monroe Owens of the 200 block of Washington Avenue in Bessemer City attacked Barnette with a knife.
Prosecutors say Owens stabbed Barnette “multiple, multiple” times.

Troy was in another room. He awoke to hear his grandmother’s cries for help and rushed to her aid, police said.

The attacker then turned on Troy and stabbed the boy more than 20 times, according to prosecutors.

“I just tried to stay calm,” Troy said. “I tried to do the best I could. I couldn’t, I just tried to do the best I could and stay calm.”

An assistant district attorney prosecuting the case told a Gaston County judge in December that Owens took Barnette’s pain medication before leaving the scene.

Troy and his grandmother were left bleeding. Troy regained consciousness around 7 p.m. and called his mother. He told her that his “Mawmaw” was dead and that he knew the identity of the attacker, his father told The Gazette.

Troy was given three pints of blood at Carolinas Medical Center. He had been stabbed in his abdomen, his back, hand and leg. His grandmother was pronounced dead the scene.

Later that same day police charged Owens with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, robbery with a dangerous weapon and first-degree burglary, according to court records.

In December a Gaston County judge found that there was adequate evidence for the state to pursue the death penalty. Owens’ next court date has yet to be scheduled.

“I can’t explain how wonderful this town has been to us since all this happened,” Kevin Conn said.

When Troy returned home in November, town officials made him the lifetime assistant parks and recreation director and presented him with a bronze plaque, a key to the city and made him honorary grand marshal in the Christmas parade.

“I’ve known him for a long time and he’s a special kid,” said Tug Deason, Stanley parks and recreation director.

“Troy and Tug have a contest going to see who can get their name in the paper more,” Kevin said laughing.

Kevin, Tug and Troy have been friends for years.

An anonymous donor sent Stanley officials a $3,000 check recently so Troy and his family could go to Walt Disney World for vacation this year.

“He said ‘If that’s not enough just call me and I’ll send more,’” Deason said.
For Kevin and Troy, the news was overwhelming. Kevin wept.

“Ever since this happened things like this keep happening,” the father said. “I don’t know we can thank everyone. It’s been unbelievable.”

Troy said a girl at his school raised $500.

“There’s so many stories like that,” Kevin said. “You know, we didn’t really expect anything and then all this, it’s just overwhelming. This little town has been so good to us.”

When Troy came home he received a phone call from Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis and an autographed football from former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz. Father and son are “rabid” Notre Dame fans.

“We made a few calls,” Deason said at the time. “I thought it would brighten his day.”
Troy talks mostly of moving beyond that day last November. He wants to swim and play ball.

Troy was happy to report that though the knife damaged his hand he can still dribble a basketball well enough to play with other kids.

Troy said he no problems going to court every day of Owen’s trial.
“I’ll be there,” Troy said.

“We all be there,” his father said.

It remains unclear if Troy will take the stand during Owen’s trial.

As Troy went to answer the telephone, his father went outside.

“I want the man dead,” Kevin said. “Life in prison ain’t good enough. I want him dead. And I want to be in Raleigh if they decide to execute him. People who are against the death penalty weren’t in the hospital when I saw my son — the way he looked. And they didn’t see my mother-in-law.”

Kevin wiped away tears.

“This ain’t over for me until I leave that room in Raleigh.”
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 08:16 PM
Antagonist.

Thats great.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 08:56 PM
Standout

isnt that a beautiful hat and shirt im wearing? and the dog troy is holding daddy works at the charlotte airport as a drug dog,we go to church with the k9 police officer...not the dog.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 09:49 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepconn View Post
isnt that a beautiful hat and shirt im wearing?
If you like losers. The teams not you and Troy
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 05:35 AM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
If you like losers. The teams not you and Troy

and you have a good day too sir... lol
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 06:17 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
I guess I do not know the definition of a hoochie because I never thought I posted a pic of one.....silly me.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
hooch2 /hutʃ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hooch] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun Military Slang. 1. a thatched hut of southeast Asia.
2. any living quarters, as a barracks.
3. (esp. during the Korean War) a. a prostitute's dwelling.
b. any place, as a house, room, or shack, where a serviceman sets up housekeeping with a local woman.

Also, hootch, hoochie.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 06:41 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I do not allow pics of Korean military prostitute housing to be posted on our boards.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 09:00 AM
Coach

Ok Shawnia Twain is no hooch. Great news about your Troy. I get sick thinkin about the situation. How he stayed with you after losing so much blood. Or regaining conscience without going into shock. Special kid. Special team too. Still have more rings and 8 SB appearances. NE has what 3 rings? Oh but they were 18-1 this years. LOL props to them.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 10:01 AM
alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
TRUE CONFESSIONS of a loner

I crave to be the centre of attention. Thats y I talk about my g/f, daughter, house, job, furniture, testicular cancer, gambling, cousin, athlete friends, ad nauseum. I don’t know barely anything about other peeps’ families and lifes but isn’t this about me? And its NOT my fault.

I have bashed the Yankees and Arod at least 300 times over the last 5 years. Maybe a little overkill? To the point that guys like Relic, who don’t care about the yanks or arod one way or the other, are sick to death of my incessant prattling. Now I’m starting to confuse and convince myself that retaliations on the cowboys and suns (which number about 30 and started in the last 6 months) is the CAUSE of my rants. But its NOT MY fault.

And yes I know that I have no friends here, even though I like to think I do. And I know that there isn’t any in crowd or clique – I’m actually the out crowd, population 1. I have alienated everyone with my crassness, chauvinism, racism, lack of any sense of humour and routine lying. When I apologize, I don’t mean it. When I say it tears my heart, I’m not sincere. I don’t really care about anyone else, ‘cause its all about me. AND its not MY FAULT.

I’m not top 5 here – probably not top 20. I just say it because of visions of glandure. How could I be top 5? I only have 2 second place finishes in more than 80 comps. EIGHTEEN (18) different ports have won a monthly, but not me. Course I have LOTS of excuses (gonna use “dog 8 my homework next”) but I realize that there are probably 20 better than me who have less time to play than I do. They just don’t complain like me. (That’s where I’m a Viking!). Top 5? I doubt it. Oh you mean TV? I bought that. Thought it was a good kick in the gonads for ldzppln hilopapio djrogers378 hork notredame79 and the rest? They work hard for 5 years, I implode, and then just buy a port ahead of them? Is that funny? I don’t know.. I have no sense of humour. AND ITS NOT MY FAULT. I have NPD.

Insincerely mine,
T. Nancy Baker
(AC/DC: ....tnb, im dyno-mite)
'bout time you came clean
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 05:30 PM
Coach

You are the frickin' LOSER here! To spend all this time focussed on me is retarded. Why they let you defraud me by pretending I said that is beyond me. Why people think there is a "Clique" is cuz of this type of stuff that would get others suspended. You do it and it stays up here #1 and you will get no punishment #2. This is why people feel Relic, Hork, Parrot, and Rich are 4 of maybe 8 who are in the INNER INNER CIRCLE we call a clique.

All of that post is not untrue but mostly ludicrous. I need attention? I have envied and befriended one person above all others here. POLAR. Several went about pissing him off until he left. Rich blasted me about it saying I was a disgrace as a Marine and American for liking him. He made anti-American comments. Something like bashing Bush and our political stances abroad. Everyone does that. Do I? No I respect the Commander and Chief YOU ALL VOTED for. Big deal I fought to uphold the liberties which gives everyone the right to be free and say whatever they want. Just because we don't agree does not mean I am RIGHT and they are WRONG and therefore out of my circle. Rich never gets that. He is a one-way street and if you are not of like mind he will seek you out, follow you in forums and blast you whenever you slip.

Relic although is a great player who obviously has the DIVI formula cracked and has spreadsheet that is spot on does nothing but step on the little guy. I saw how Polar would speak of his family and it made him more human and likable. So what if I want to be liked by my peers here. I made mistakes but jeeez get over it. I AM sorry. So what I talk about my family. I could show you 50 posts of people sharing with us their families. It is just cuz I pissed you off with a Yankee blast you continue to hump my leg. Of course this post will get deleted and maybe yours but not until I retaliate. I am sure if we were together in a small room you would shut that girlie mouth of yours. Nancy? I will show you Nancy punka$$.