Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 13 Apr 2008, 06:13 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
First --- AMEN, Brother. Well said, good job.

Second -- I go to quote you and I see your last paragraph.. w/o quoting you, I can't see that paragraph.. do do do do.. kinda like The Twilight Zone.
not as freaky as it might've seemed......I added the last paragraph after my original post....I prolly simply hadn't gotten it added when you loaded the page...

still apparently have a few tweaks to look into yet...tho far as I know, they're largely minor at this point....
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 07:29 PM
Coach

I just don't get this change. Why not fix the game...blow it up and start it over. BTW Hork I also have given years to this game..not just u.
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 07:43 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

BTW Hork I also have given years to this game..not just u.

true, and to be quite honest you've put far more effort into it. after all i've only played one account to your countless. so i'll have to concede that to you.

I just don't get this change. Why not fix the game...blow it up and start it over.

but wouldn't that make all your hard work to get where you are today a waste of time?

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 07:53 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
I just don't get this change. Why not fix the game...blow it up and start it over. BTW Hork I also have given years to this game..not just u.
You're a car guy....so I'll give you a car analogy

If you truly love a car and it has mechanical problems your choices are:
1.) Do your best to live with the problems
2.) Attempt to fix those problems as you find them
3.) Get rid of the car and get a new one

Jockstocks is my car and, while it has its mechanical problems, I'm far too emotionally attached to 'blow it up and start over'. I know the analogy only goes so far, but you get the picture.

I can keep fixing THIS car AND still buy another one, too. In other words, one thing we may very well do is start an all new market with different formulas, different rules....but utilizing the same stocks and stats. That's the ONLY version of 'starting over' I foresee.

I'm not sure what you don't get about the change- it's only semantically different than where we were before yesterday, mostly. The same stocks that can be daytraded now could be daytraded before the change- there's just the mental adjustment of higher share prices and smaller number of shares held.
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 07:56 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
I can think of other things to blow up that would be far more effective and satisfactory.
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Let's make 2008 a year of progress at JOCKSTOCK$
Troy.....this is your signature right? Why are you looking to go bassackwards then? I don't get it............
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 12:54 PM
Coach

Rich I'm not here to cause problems or start fights. I guess I could be negative and antagonistic as Hork and Relic and Parrot as well. They just take cheap shots. None would act like that in person.

Orren car analogy is fine. If we use a different analogy it would go like this. You are our loved relative. If u keep acting crazy we shall put u in a home. Ok let me twist it. You have a failing heart. U didnt run like we told u. Didnt eat right. Now it is time to get a new heart or u may die. Putting makeup on you and a new t-shirt doesnt mask the fact your heart is failing. I love your car BTW. But if you could go back to mile one on the engine knowing what u know now, wouldn't u. I'm sure those with gazillion dollars would understand. The numbers are so overwhelming how does any new players feel they could EVER get there? Everything is out of whack. Numbers should be more realistic. Stocks should start as penny stocks. People should have $100 to $1000 to start. Also they should earn it. I just think you're shortchanging yourself. How long must u be nice ole Orren? Does it really matter to make the same 5-6 stuffies happy? Make u some money. Have a grand opening. Send out a mailer. Start putting poppa O first for a change.

Time to get a brand new car. Airbags, better fuel economy, ABS, etc.
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 02:37 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Rich I'm not here to cause problems or start fights. I guess I could be negative and antagonistic as Hork and Relic and Parrot as well. They just take cheap shots. None would act like that in person.
Wanna bet. I always say whats on my mind whether its in person, phone, email. I'm not here to win a popularity contest.
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 04:11 PM
alive

Quote:
Orren, I had a nasty response written for this.. then, I deleted it for the sanity of the site. I didn't instigate this, but I get the insult.

Instead I implore you to put this guy on restricted rules as to who and what he can talk about. If I have to address him directly, it will get very ugly for everyone.
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 04:47 PM
Coach

Yeah I'm the bad guy. Say I don't understand the change. So many changes even someone that has been here since day 1 can get confused. Instead of explaining I get the ribbing and insults. Relic maybe I misunderstood your AMEN brother reply to Orren putting me in my place. Maybe I always misunderstand the jeers and cutdowns from you, Hork, Rich, and Parrot. Some call you the clique. Others just are afraid to post because it is the same handful that attacks. Often you get a storm or jk to pile on. Your negativity breeds more.

My only point is it is hard to figure what to do in a game they changes daily. I am not here every hour like some of you. Days where the server is down for X number of hours, splits have disappeared. What is being acheived? Was it useless to hold or aquire splits? So many questions yet it is useless knowing the answers will be condescending and insincere. I guess it is useless.

PORT FOR SALE!
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 05:13 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Maybe I always misunderstand the jeers and cutdowns from you, Hork, Rich, and Parrot. Some call you the clique. Others just are afraid to post because it is the same handful that attacks. Often you get a storm or jk to pile on. Your negativity breeds more.
the funny thing is you are always trying to say how a select few attack everyone. with the few exceptions on the other forum i frequent the only real run ins i've ever had with anyone is you.

can't speak for anyone else but i rarely see anyone getting attacked routinely. which begs the question, what is the real root of the hostility? a select few or that which draws the constant ire?

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 05:29 PM
alive

Quote:
PORT FOR SALE!
Orren? I'll give ya $200 to take this idjit out.
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 06:11 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Yeah I'm the bad guy. Say I don't understand the change. So many changes even someone that has been here since day 1 can get confused. Instead of explaining I get the ribbing and insults. Relic maybe I misunderstood your AMEN brother reply to Orren putting me in my place. Maybe I always misunderstand the jeers and cutdowns from you, Hork, Rich, and Parrot. Some call you the clique. Others just are afraid to post because it is the same handful that attacks. Often you get a storm or jk to pile on. Your negativity breeds more.
Why bring me into it? I've been sitting here all nice, just reading, not replying and then you bring me into it. So time to "pile it on".

You contradict yourself so many times its not even funny.

You complain about not understanding. What's so hard to understand? Prices went up, stocks are back to 10k max share, with stocks splitting at $10k. What is so hard to freaking understand about that?!?!?!?!?

You say, "people are getting screwed for years of work." First of all, you dont have "years of work" you have "months of work" on a bought port. Secondly you then say, "lets blow it up and start over". Uh...wouldnt that be "screwing people out of their years of work?" WTF?

Get over yourself Troy. I will resort to name calling because I can and I dont care. You are an idiot. You have driven more people away from the game than brought to the game. Including some big names from around here. I'm suprised some of the bigger names are still here! I know since you came here, from day one, I haven't been playing much. Was considering a "comeback" and started looking at things over the last few days...now I'm not so sure I want to start playing again. In fact, I'm not so sure I want to keep coming here to read your nonsense. Every stupid comment you make, every dumb attack, you COST the site and Orren money. In the same breath you say, bring the site money but everyone here sucks. Whatever man.

/rant over

Unread 14 Apr 2008, 06:16 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:

My only point is it is hard to figure what to do in a game they changes daily. I am not here every hour like some of you. Days where the server is down for X number of hours, splits have disappeared. What is being acheived? Was it useless to hold or aquire splits? So many questions yet it is useless knowing the answers will be condescending and insincere. I guess it is useless.

PORT FOR SALE!
So many changes? What other changes have we made beyond allowing the 100k splits to be daytraded in January....which this weekend's change simply made more 'permanent' and less confusing.

And it's not like the change came out of left field....I've mentioned doing it, there's been discussion about doing it, for weeks. I finally had the time and did it.

Obviously, we don't intentionally cause problems with the server....so that's not within our control.

Yes, you totally misunderstood Randy's AMEN. Firstly, I didn't 'put you in your place', I gave you some of the explanation you asked for. Randy simply agreed with my explanation. None of it was pointed at you or intended to squash your opinion.

Troy, the only one who seems to talk about a clique...is you. And your perception is that anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't like something you say....is in 'the clique'. Wouldn't that occasionally put me in 'the clique' as well? But as Groucho Marx said...I could never join a club that would have me as a member....

What is being achieved?
Well let's take a look- well over 200 stocks that have, in some cases for years, been 'stagnant' on the market because they've not been able to be daytraded....now CAN be. And those same stocks can now be purchased in larger dollar amounts by competition ports. Plus, now that they are no longer stock splits, it opens up other options we can consider in attempting to regulate things.

You talk like starting over would cure all ills. Well...the bulk of people here actively, semi-actively, or casually...would disagree. In fact, I dare say more would NOT restart up to 5 years work here than would. You're a case in point against your own mindset- you didn't LIKE having to start over...enough so that you used real money to get back to where you were on the TV leaderboard. NOW you wanna start over?!
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 07:17 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Orren? I'll give ya $200 to take this idjit out.

I'll add $50 more Canadian dollars to the bounty!

cue: srebmem euqilc

Although I find it quite entertaining ...(thought he was doing it on purpose for a while...now, I too agree with 'idjit' label)... posts like these do reflect negatively on the community
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)