Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 30 Jul 2008, 08:07 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
Do you really think those players have equal value?
Salary dump by the Tigers perhaps? I haven't seen the specifics. Is this trade straight up between the players?

Quote:
The Sox must really think Manny is to disruptive to keep for the rest of the year is they make this trade.
Funny thing how physically assaulting another employee and rumors of tanking at bats will change a teams perception of a player.
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
The Sox must really think Manny is to disruptive to keep for the rest of the year is they make this trade.
Come on John...even Boston fans have to be fed up with Manny's . To quote an infamous player here..he is a cancer amongst an otherwise good bunch of guys IMHO. I saw the interview with him over the weekend where he said "They are tired of me and I am tired of them"....verbatum quote from the knucklehead's mouth. Noone could question his contribution on offense...but his defense, attitude and hustle...all SUCK!
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 08:16 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Come on John...even Boston fans have to be fed up with Manny's .
I agree but to trade him and get basically nothing in return to help your ball club this season is pretty drastic.
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 08:22 PM

I'd be surprised if Boston isn't going to pay most of his contract just to get rid of him. I'm also surprised that anyone else even wanted that baggage......they should be glad to get much of anything for someone like him...IMHO of course.
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 08:28 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
I have not. Don't know much about Stanton as I do not follow minor leagues.
Thanks Rich. John Perrotto is a pretty reliable source over at BP. Now Will Carroll is reporting that it could maybe be a three way trade with Pittsburgh involved.

I’m hearing that a multi-team deal involving Jason Bay and the Florida Marlins is in the “final stages.” This could involve the previously in-place dealings involving Manny Ramirez as reported by our own John Perrotto. Joe Frisaro of MLB.com thinks that Bay could end up in Boston, Jeremy Hermida in Pittsburgh, and prospects flying every which way. My sources agree, though I will update as details become clearer.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=966

For what it's worth, Manny Ramierez and Jason Bay are in tonights lineups. Mike Stanton played today, hitting another two HR's.

Quote:
Just noticed the numbers you posted for him and I'd have to say those ARE pretty good #'s.....but.....for a bona fide HOFer?
Nothing more than a two month rental for a team that could use the bat, if they think they will be serious contenders within their division this season. Their is no way the Marlins double their salary for '09 by picking up Manny's option.
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 10:23 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

The Commissioner’s Office has been informed of a deal involving the Pirates, Red Sox, and Marlins. The Commissioner has to sign off on any deal involving cash considerations of more than a million dollars, and there was clearly going to be cash involved in any deal involving these teams. There’s also some formality about Manny Ramirez waiving his 10-and-5 rights, and no-trade clause, and I’ll admit not understanding the technicalities.

So here’s what Pee Wee Herman would call the “big but”: the teams, I am told, have not agreed on the specific prospects to be included in the deal. It’s expected that in addition to the principals, the Red Sox would get John Grabow and give up two prospects, while the Marlins would get one prospect and give up two. There’s still a lot of haggling but my scribbling notes make it look like the structure of the deal is:

Marlins get Manny Ramirez, one prospect (Red Sox), and cash (likely covering Ramirez’s remaining salary)
Pirates get Jeremy Hermida and three prospects (two Marlins, one Red Sox)

Red Sox get Jason Bay and John Grabow

There is still potential for this to fall apart over the prospects, but things appear closer now than ever before.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=967
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 04:10 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5times1 View Post
Why not bring the Hawk back, you know we need some middle relief, I think it would be sweet to see him on the mound in the 8th inning and still have Nathan close the door.

Because...correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it "Hawk" that left MN wanting more cash? IMO the guy got what he deserved...found out he wasn't as good as he thought and is now washed up. I don't see him having much to offer if the Yankees designated him for assignment (with their bullpen!!!)
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 06:26 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

from what I've seen, LaTroy is more likely headed to Houston than anywhere else....................but then who knows..if Manny can end up a Marlin, most anything can happen

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 09:39 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

The Reds have traded Griffey to the White Sox, pending his approval. Griffey will decide Thursday morning whether he will approve the deal, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. It is not known what the Reds would receive in return.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...roval?MSNHPHMA
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 11:37 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose4prez View Post
The Reds have traded Griffey to the White Sox, pending his approval. Griffey will decide Thursday morning whether he will approve the deal, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. It is not known what the Reds would receive in return.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...roval?MSNHPHMA

And why haven't the Twins made a move YET?!?!!!? We are gonna end up with some washed up has been that they think still has something left...happens every year...
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 02:48 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

UPDATE (11:38 a.m. ET): Ken Griffey Jr. has approved the deal. The Reds will pay $1 million of his salary, and receive Danny Richar and Nick Masset in return.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=970
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 02:50 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_r_tuttle View Post
And why haven't the Twins made a move YET?!?!!!? We are gonna end up with some washed up has been that they think still has something left...happens every year...
Tony Batista says
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 06:39 PM
GM

Who told people that Manny was going to be traded?

And here is just one of the reasons.

Which one is Jason Bay's numbers; and which one is Manny's numbers.

BA .299
HR 20
RBI 68

BA .282
HR 22
RBI 64

Those numbers are very similar actually. I think that if the Dodger's do not sign Manny to a long term deal he will find his hitting shoes that have always been there but he will have the added incentive to get one last big contract. Manny's age makes it so that he will only get one last deal.

Story Here

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Unread 31 Jul 2008, 09:21 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
ppl keep saying that BUT....
People keep saying that because it's true. I don't know what the Twins think they are working on, but he's done learning at AAA. At the very least, and that would be a waste, stick him in the bullpen. If I were a Twinky fan, I'd be way passed pissed off.

Quote:
Does anyone wonder why the Pirates continue to suck year after year?
Neil Huntington is the new sherriff in town and I like the direction he's taking the Pirates. It's not your fathers, or even your team anymore. Keep your eye on Jose Tabata. He's the real key in the Yankees trade. I haven't had time to parse out todays trade, but I like it on the surface.

Kudos to Theo Epstein for keeping the multiple team trade alive after it appeared to fall apart earlier today. It's days like this that make me wish that I could be a RedSox fan. Alas, I can not. Viva, 1975.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
The one rumor I heard is that they'll keep Liriano in the minors until August waivers start up, call him up stick him in the rotation...
I've heard that too. It's just more crazy talk. Are the Twins really making baseball decisions based on the eleven innings that Liriano pitched earlier this season?

Quote:
Thank you Scott Boras for turning Manny into an a-hole.
Scott Boras wasn't Manny's agent when he signed his last contract. Two option years at the end of a contract are always a bad idea when a player is going to be past his arbitration years.

Scott Boras didn't make Manny take a swing at a team mate. Boras didn't make Manny physically assault the teams travel manager. Boras didn't make Manny leave his bat on his shoulder for three straight pitches against the Yankees closer. Did Scott Boras make Manny sit out of games because of a non-existant injury? And that's just this seasons version of Manny being Manny.

Manny's always been an A-Hole. Scott Boras didn't magically turn him into one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5times1 View Post
looks like angels are gonna try to be AL champs.
Looks like the Angels are going for something bigger this year.

Quote:

GREAT trade.
Yankee fans were booing him after his first at bat tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Who told people that Manny was going to be traded?
Can't think of another person who mentioned it on this thread.
Unread 04 Aug 2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by six24 View Post
my guess would be Xavier Nady end up as Yankee.
and in his last 7 games he is on freakin' fire.....as hot as anyone in baseball.